New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi. I'm a fresh grad and as much as I don't want to buy a car yet, my parents are insisting me to consider one na din since they could use an extra car and an extra driver. I'm not that much of a driver pero marunong naman. Mas sanay lang siguro sa hirap ng pag commute haha. Anyways I'm considering a smaller car since we already have a Fortuner. I'll be using it mostly to travel from home to work na barely 8kms lang ang distance. And siguro city and city outskirts driving lang for errands and short/quick trips. The thing is, my parents will shoulder the 20% equity then ako na sa iba. Based on my computations, kaya naman ng current salary ko i-shoulder if the car's price is around 400k to 500k.

After researching for months now, eto yung mga natripan ko:
    1. Hyundai EON 0.8L GL - low downpayment and low monthly rate. brand new pa so no worries sa mga sira and all. just gets the job done plus okay ang itsura nya. went to a showroom to have a feel of it (did not have time then for a test drive) and okay naman kaya lang for a big person, it sort of feels cramped up. Mahirap yun pag traffic sa daan, won't the small space be too uncomfortable? I've read a couple of articles about this small car's very good fuel efficiency and since it has been released 2nd quarter of last year, walang masyadong issues. I've considered Mirage na din kaya lang based sa mga feedback ng users sa Mirage thread, may mga nagkakaproblema na din with their units. Tsaka as of now, matagal daw bago makuha yung car.

2. 2009/2010 used Honda Jazz 1.3L M/T - a couple more expensive than the EON, plus it's already a few years old. But Honda is still Honda, sabi nga nila. Na-try ko na sya i-drive last year and I loved it. For a relatively small car, it is indeed powerful and comfortable. Doesn't feel cramped up at all in contrast with the EON. This is understandable naman since I think di talaga sila pareho ng class. I could also opt to get an A/T version so my mom could use it as a spare car when coding si Fortuner and/or di ko trip magdala ng kotse sa work. EON is only available in manual transmission as of this writing though I heard na maglalabas na rin ng matic soon.

I have broken down my options to these two cars in terms of only three things: Fuel Efficiency, Quality, and Price. Not so much on the resale value since I'll be giving the car to my brother after 3 years since I do have plans to leave the country na din. I'm open for more options as long as they satisfy my criteria. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    jazz na ang kunin mo, sa description mo pa lang halata na your happy with jazz

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    try to think about it like this, a month from now, you'll be driving your car, kung ito ay eon and you see a jazz sa kalsada, you would wish na sana jazz na lang kinuha mo. pero if you are driving a jazz and see a eon beside you, chances are you wont regret not getting eon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    to ts, go for jazz, sure it's a couple more expensive than the eon, but it has the space, talk about cargo flexibility just incase. and by the looks of it ma'am, inlove ka na rin sa jazz, follow your heart ika nga. another tsikoteer posted na no amount of money can make you happy, so regardless of the price, if you're happy with the jazz, and it's love at first sight, go for the jazz, kesa naman nakatipid ka nga sa eon tapos brand new nga and all that stuff tapos napapalingon ka pa rin sa jazz sa daan. hehe.goodluck on your purchase ts. update mo na lang kami if nakabili ka na.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Jazz po please

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    kanino yung jazz? kung sa friend mo or sa kakilala, go with jazz. pero ako, i will stick to brand new. mahirap sa 2nd hand na no idea ka. baka inabot ng ondoy 2009 pa man din. that's just me

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Eon is much cheaper to own, to fuel and to maintain, and if you're single, it's much more practical.

The Jazz is much nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Jazz para music to your heart.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Eon para safe ka. Nothing beats the brand new feel. You have a peace of mind kasi nga brand new unless it is a lemon car.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Yung Jazz kahit 2nd hand, tried and tested. Yung EON is a new design, first gen pa lang, di pa proven. Besides, you'll never know when you'll need the extra space and power that the Jazz will give you compared to the EON's smaller package and even smaller engine. Since di ka pa rin naman sanay masyado magdrive, I think you will be better served by a car with a slightly more powerful engine especially when going up ramps and flyovers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast