New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    go for focus. 2008 lang naman yan. basta hindi laspag at nothing to repair.
    wala yata masyadong review sa accent na diesel kaya mahirap sabihin kahit brand new.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BRand new na lang. baka nabaha yung Focus na yun. Though flooded cars still work well, masyado mahal at 780K and you don't really know what happened to it bakit binebenta.

Keeper car kasi ang Focus, you keep it for long because it's nice to drive (precise handling), mababa ang resale value (since Ford) so talaga pangmatagalan ang expected ownership since malulugi ka as a first owner pag binenta mo nang maaga.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ I agree. Bihira lang ang nakikita kong focus na binebenta , so better if you check the vehicle's history thoroughly.

Kung hinde yan nabaha. Good buy yan. ;)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    actually yung focus 2008 na nakita ko is around 29k km..

i saw another post for 2007 focus diesel at 695k, having 16k km.. well i somewhat have doubts on this.. i think its still better to look at it personally, though i am no expert on stuffs to check for used cars..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hehe kaya po nag suggest ako ng focus is bec. almost new pa nman ung mga 2008mdl if well maintain. check po ninyo ung service records. it should be intact. if not hanap po kau ng ibang 2nd hand.

for peace of mind bnew accent naman. 5yrs warranty and ngaun ang dame na gumagamet as taxi, i know accents na 2yrs plus ng taxi pero ok pa nman.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Brandnew focus for me.

magkalapit na price ng 2008 sa 2010 model so why bother with 2008.
    i pang downpayment ko na lang for a new focus.

Regalo ko na lang sa sarili ko ang price difference.

And if you are taking a loan, you will be hit by participation/depreciation charges
    sooner should you have an insurance claim with a second hand vehicle.

Ilan years ba ang warranty ng ford?
    Last edited by mark_t; April 13th, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ending plate pa din. so kung ABC 12, monday coding number 2 kasi ang ending plate.
    I don't know, my friend's dad brought her new civic for graduating HS and she availed of a 2 digit plate. It doesn't have coding raw (although the plate is pretty expensive).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ It really is expensive. 50k. Tsk.

Anyways, I don't know either. But as far as I know, it is also affected by the coding scheme.

Someone should give LTO a call re. that. :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Baka wala nga...

but try explaining that to the buwayas on the road

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi sali naman ako. I was having the same exact problem. I was choosing between getting an Accent: very modest, sobrang matipid, hindi mainit sa mata. It's not <i>very</i> cheap though. Or a Ford Focus TDCI: simply put, has been my dream car since it was released (fast, frugal, I really like the way it looks).

Anyway I ended up with the 2010 Ford Focus diesel. I got mine with 3 + 2 years parts and labor warranty from Ford Libis. The + 2 is for parts and labor for the Engine, Transmission, and Differential. Ask mo kung may ganun pang warranty yung Focus, if nag opt for the + 2 yung previous owner that should keep you happy for a while.

Just thinking about it, the Focus really just trumps the Accent. I'm really really happy with mine, it's significantly roomier inside compared to the Accent. Di hamak mas mabilis pa, at mas maganda tignan. But I'm not saying the Accent is so bad, remember I was considering it for my car for the next ten years.

Maganda rin service ng Hyundai; we recently bought one of their SUVs and defective yung backing up camera (yup, it was nice na meron, part of the package), we brought it to Hyundai E.Rod and no questions asked they replaced the part. Unlike our past experiences with Toyota na well, ampangit lang talaga ng service.

Either way I think you should be fine. What really helped me decide which one to choose is to think about it: Accent or Focus? Accent or Focus? Accent or Focus? Why am I even asking myself? Shempre FOCUS! Maski may sira sira yan, I can live with it (god forbid, and okay, sana naman walang mga problema), take care of it and love it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Brand new Hyundai Accent or 2nd hand Ford Focus Diesel?