New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi, please help me decide on which to get..

Both of them are diesel and tipid sa gas..

BTW, the focus is 2008, priced at 780k but nego.. 6 speed manual, this is not the powershift..

the accent is a little bit less i think, but brand new..

so guys what do you think??

THANKS!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The very base CRDi accent is priced at 700k flat. No power no everything.

The Focus has a very great torque and power, meaning it's faaaaaast. Fuel consumption will be a bit less than what the Accent gives tho'. ;) However, the Accent doesn't have that power that the Focus offers BUT it's pretty fast, too.

With the comparison you've given, maybe this is the only time I`ll opt for the 2nd hand unit. The " image " that the focus gives to the driver is just different from what the Accent gives, though it's brand new ... the styling isn't that catchy compared to the 2.0TDCi Focus, especially if it's white and matched with a stylish 17" rims. :D

Soo .. Focus for me. Just make sure though that it's in its greatest condition and it isn't flooded.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    for me lang, nuthing beats brand new. security and peace of mind with a long-term warranty. im a practical guy, hyundai "taxi image" is no problem. ford focus is great but given the chices. go for brand new

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mahirap mamili dyan sa choices mo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basta all orig ung focus at maganda kulay dun nalang siguro.

*renzo: bossing ung accent po na 700k is power steering and power window na din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    actually yung focus po has some upgrades.. like nice mags, and a double digit plate which means wala daw po coding pag ganun?? i'm not sure how much those upgrades are..

i'm also unsure kung magkano yung last price para sa focus..

which of the two do you think will have greater resale value??

BTW, i think focus diesels only have blue colors.. and the one i saw was the darker blue one..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nakakagulat yung sagot ni sir lui.. i think dealer ka sa hyundai abad santos, as i can see from your location.. can you please elaborate why i should get the focus??

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    basta all orig ung focus at maganda kulay dun nalang siguro.

*renzo: bossing ung accent po na 700k is power steering and power window na din.
    ah talaga sir ? sorry, hehe ... yun ba yung pinangtataxi ? akala ko kasi wala pa power yun eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ledifni View Post
    actually yung focus po has some upgrades.. like nice mags, and a double digit plate which means wala daw po coding pag ganun?? i'm not sure how much those upgrades are..

i'm also unsure kung magkano yung last price para sa focus..

which of the two do you think will have greater resale value??

BTW, i think focus diesels only have blue colors.. and the one i saw was the darker blue one..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nakakagulat yung sagot ni sir lui.. i think dealer ka sa hyundai abad santos, as i can see from your location.. can you please elaborate why i should get the focus??

re: sa 2-digit plate na walang coding, AFAIK may coding parin yun.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    +1 on sir renzo. may coding yan

Focus for me (if hindi nabaha and in good condition)... the interior will be a bit nicer than that of the accent. And yes, AFAIK, it was only available in two shades of blue.

just check the suspension and the engine mounts... the weight of the focus and the diesel engine stresses these components.

and you may want to see if you can drive the focus comfortably (especially in traffic), as the clutch is supposedly quite heavy

you could haggle the focus' price lower: sabihin mo "e ford yan e" (just kidding!)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    pano po nga pala nadedetermine yung coding po nun?? ex. if plate is ABC 12, kelan po coding nun?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ending plate pa din. so kung ABC 12, monday coding number 2 kasi ang ending plate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Brand new Hyundai Accent or 2nd hand Ford Focus Diesel?