New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    sa toyota commonwealth ako titingin bukas, we purchased our innova there
    may point ka sir. mas gusto ko pre/post sales service ng TCW. we purchased our vios there. wala kasing stock ang TQA noon eh. pero sa TCW, kinabukasan na deliver na sa bahay.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    may point ka sir. mas gusto ko pre/post sales service ng TCW. we purchased our vios there. wala kasing stock ang TQA noon eh. pero sa TCW, kinabukasan na deliver na sa bahay.
    malapit pa sa amin. hehe.

We have a somewhat weird situation here - the car needs to be in between 750k and 800k, in order to avail of BPI's free insurance (which they give if at least 600k yung loan after a 20% downpayment).

if the car is less than 750k, (i.e. the city/vios/mazda2) could anything be done to "bump up" the price?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMO, the only good deal in the VIOS line is the 1.3E.

Have you also considered Civic 1.8V (858k)? I'm sure BPI would be more than happy to accommodate since their mother company owns Honda dealerships. Super compacts (Vios, City) are super bad deals when they exceed 600K (IMO).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    IMO, the only good deal in the VIOS line is the 1.3E.

Have you also considered Civic 1.8V (858k)? I'm sure BPI would be more than happy to accommodate since their mother company owns Honda dealerships. Super compacts (Vios, City) are super bad deals when they exceed 600K (IMO).
    my father doesn't want to shell out more than 800k ("50k is just not 50k") ... so bye bye grand livina, cruze LS/LT, civic and any focus or altis variant that isn't the style/trend or E

among the subcompacts, less than 600k would bag the i10, getz , alto, picanto, or even the qq - none of which are big enough.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Di ikaw na lang magpuno ng 50k sir para naman sa iyong nanay e. hehehe.

Anyway, kung no choice talaga, I'd go with Honda City on this one. I have driven both Vios (1.3 and 1.5) and City (1.3) and mas gusto ko ang City by a long mile although admittedly, mas mabilis ang launch ng vios (ewan ko kung bakit). City feels powerless pag nag pedal-to-the-metal ka from dead stop.

Sa SCTEX din, sa City, ewan ko kung sira ang speedo (although malabo since bago yun), at 120kmh, parang 40kmh lang takbo ko (or perhaps it's because wala akong masyado point of reference sa velocity or maganda lang talaga suspension ng City.

If your mom really needs the cargo bay, Jazz. Sobrang tagtag lang talaga. hehe

Pero I'd really go for Livina. Great ride, fuel economy, tapos space.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Di ikaw na lang magpuno ng 50k sir para naman sa iyong nanay e. hehehe.

Anyway, kung no choice talaga, I'd go with Honda City on this one. I have driven both Vios (1.3 and 1.5) and City (1.3) and mas gusto ko ang City by a long mile although admittedly, mas mabilis ang launch ng vios (ewan ko kung bakit). City feels powerless pag nag pedal-to-the-metal ka from dead stop.

Sa SCTEX din, sa City, ewan ko kung sira ang speedo (although malabo since bago yun), at 120kmh, parang 40kmh lang takbo ko (or perhaps it's because wala akong masyado point of reference sa velocity or maganda lang talaga suspension ng City.

If your mom really needs the cargo bay, Jazz. Sobrang tagtag lang talaga. hehe

Pero I'd really go for Livina. Great ride, fuel economy, tapos space.
    I'm in one of those post-graduate fields that don't allow for any employment. Still tied down to my parents

The vios probably has more low-end torque than the 1.3 on the city, that's why it feels peppier than the city from a standstill.

couldn't get out today (coding) so I inspected a neigbor's vios G. No auxiliary input for the audio system. And the center gauges will take some getting used to. I also expected the vios to share the dashboard components with the yaris, apparently not. hehe. I hope it shares the same drive, though

Will still have to drop by toyota for the altis, though

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    With the Altis being included in the Toyota hitlist of crappy cars, I'd strike it out of my list esp if it's for my mother. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    isa lang pansin ko sa vios G namen ah, compared to my 9th gen altis. sumobra dame ng drink stand. as in nagkalat sa buong interior.

fave ko yung "leather wrap" na steering wheel with audio controls. the interiors does not look cheap imho.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Fuel economy: 16 km/l on the NLEX is believeable. Manual transmission 2.0s can hit that easily if you hold 80 km/h.

Have gotten over 18 km/l in straight highway driving with the Civic 1.8 MT on the SLEX. Might actually be able to hit 20 km/l on the NLEX if I drive it more economically.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *aejhayl17: yung leathered na vios G ba yung sa inyo?

*Horsepower: I've no problems with the stuck accelerators, Denso units naman yung nandito sa Pinas. The ZZ sludging, however, is very real, and it's a concern regarding the altis. Renders the point of fully synthetic oils moot kung papalitan yung oil every 5k...

I've concerns with each of the choices... for the bigger cars:

with the altis, it's that sludging

with the focus it's the fuel consumption

with the cruze, it's unit availability, fuel consumption, that power steering recall, and the maintenance cost that some forumers have described as "BMW-priced"

*niky: so there'll be not much difference between the consumption of the M/T focus and civic (with its "economy of a 1.6" mantra)? By the way, I seem to notice on every focus I see on the road, there's some degree of camber on the rear wheels... is this the effect of being so top heavy (1,320 kg!?!)?

though I'm sure whatever it will be, it's going to have pretty low mileage...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Brand new car for 800k