New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    A new i10 cost around 478K while a 2nd hand (pimped) Jazz 2005 to 2006 model cost around 450-500k...
    Help me decide mga sir...
    Newbie po ako sa kotse and need ko po ng inputs nyo about this...

Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are the cars manual or automatic?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I will get the i10. Good for the seller but as a buyer the 1st gen Jazz has too high a resale value and lacks value for money since its already 4-5 years yet only P200K was shaven off the brand new price.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my opinion, assuming no defects/problems with the Jazz (including the known CVT tranny issue), the Jazz is still a good buy when compared to the Hyundai i10.

Interior flexibility is about the same in both cars. The only issue would be the engine and tranny.

The i10 only have a 1.1L and 1.2L petrol engine options as compared to the 1.3L and 1.5L engine options for the Honda Jazz.

Note: the price given by the TS for the i10 is the base model i10 1.1L M/T (no airbag).

The issue with the i10 M/T tranny is the rubbery feel of the shifter. The Honda 1.3L M/T shifter is more precise in feel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by darkaeon View Post
    A new i10 cost around 478K while a 2nd hand (pimped) Jazz 2005 to 2006 model cost around 450-500k...
    Help me decide mga sir...
    Newbie po ako sa kotse and need ko po ng inputs nyo about this...

Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks!
    considering the jazz is still in good condition, i would go for it for the sole reason that it is bigger inside.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Check the Jazz for rust spots first - it'll likely sprout in the doors and door sills. The rust can get there even if the owner was very careful. Blame Honda's ridiculously thin paint for that. Small rust spots (i.e. the size of a nail's head) are okay, but I've also seen Jazzes with larger areas of corrosion.

Just telling you what you should look out for.

The i10 ain't bad if you have no issues with its size.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's a manual transmission Jazz 1.5 and there are no corrosion issues or others (like "kalampag") that you'll need to address... go for it. Slightly wider than the i10, much bigger rear seat, much more practical, lots of fun to drive.

A 1.3 MT, if the price is good, still go.

If it's a CVT, test-drive it and check the condition/mileage of the transmission. It helps if it has documentation proving they've done the recall work regarding the transmission fluid. We've already passed up on one secondhand Honda CVT due to transmission slippage.

Still, I wouldn't get a CVT secondhand over a brand new i10 with warranty unless it had 30k kms on it or less. Well... even then... having a warranty goes a long way to assuring problem free ownership. And the i10 is a good car, very solid feeling interior, good suspension for a minicar, good handling and a peppy engine.

And it looks good, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I will get the i10. Good for the seller but as a buyer the 1st gen Jazz has too high a resale value and lacks value for money since its already 4-5 years yet only P200K was shaven off the brand new price.
    maybe the mods have something to do with the price. pimped out daw eh :D

there's too few details on the jazz

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Woah! I was overwhelmed with your answers mga boss.
    Thank you sa mga nag-bigay ng inputs nila...
    I want the MT i10 or Jazz... I never wanted the automatic coz i've heard na mahal ang maintenance ng AT pag napabayaan...

My first choice was the Hyundai i10 but after reading several reviews about it... it some some safety issues like the brakes are not that good and the entry level model doesn't have airbags.
    I checked the 2005-2006 Jazz and they have dual airbags and some of them comes with disc brakes and i believe they are more fuel efficient than the i10's... please correct me if im wrong...

How about a manual Toyota Yaris 2007 model... someone selling it for about P489k... is that car better than Jazz or i10? Sorry kung may nadagdag... First time ko po kasi magkkotse eh and ayoko mag-sisi sa huli...

Thanks!

-DarkAeon

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    considering the jazz is still in good condition, i would go for it for the sole reason that it is bigger inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If it's a manual transmission Jazz 1.5 and there are no corrosion issues or others (like "kalampag") that you'll need to address... go for it. Slightly wider than the i10, much bigger rear seat, much more practical, lots of fun to drive.

A 1.3 MT, if the price is good, still go.

If it's a CVT, test-drive it and check the condition/mileage of the transmission. It helps if it has documentation proving they've done the recall work regarding the transmission fluid. We've already passed up on one secondhand Honda CVT due to transmission slippage.

Still, I wouldn't get a CVT secondhand over a brand new i10 with warranty unless it had 30k kms on it or less. Well... even then... having a warranty goes a long way to assuring problem free ownership. And the i10 is a good car, very solid feeling interior, good suspension for a minicar, good handling and a peppy engine.

And it looks good, too.
    Yup! that is one of my reasons as well why my heart is broken in two with those two cars...
    I like the Jazz because it is slightly bigger and has more space at the back...
    The i10 is cute and of course brandnew, Haayyy...

Sir Niky, how about a Jazz with 30k+ or 40k milleage, is that not good to buy?
    My other issue with the i10 is its tall behind.
    Its like if I steer in a tight curve eh tataob sya...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast