New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thank you for the comments guys, lalong gumulo isipan ko medyo may konting konting similarity kasi sa 3rd gen rav 4 ko yung lexus kaya parang gusto ko naman ng iba,

I have until month end to decide or Bmw will not give me the discount we discussed.

I asked my younger brother about the local lexus Rx350, first thing he said was the absence of toys. its also bare like the bmw x1. no idrive , yung toys sana ang hanap ko sa rx350. mukhang kailangan ko talaga lumuwas para masilip yung rx350. kung maliit to compared sa 3rd gen rav4 baka mas ok na Rx.

medyo excited kasi ako magka bmw or lexus, since ito ang first and only luxury car namin, parang nararamdaman ko kasi lexus is still a toyota.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Tol wag mo kakalimutan ilagay sa list ang Q5, dika madidis appoint madaming toys to.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The value of luxury branding is overblown.

Know what you can get at 3m?

The aforementioned CX9. Sure, it's a bit too big for you, but it has rubber mounted subframes so that when those 20" wheels hit a pothole, it feels like the car has been hit like a soft rubber mallet instead of an iron hammer (as in some other SUVs). It has a power V6 and a 6AT. It sounds delicious. And it handles better than a front-wheel drive based crossover weighing over two tons should.

The Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Some may declare that interior quality is not at par with the German brands. Yeah. It isn't. Not if you're comparing it to an 8 million peso S-Class. But it gives luxury above and beyond what you can find in the 3-5 million peso price range from the Germans. It gives you a multimedia controller similar to i-Drive or COMAND. It gives you a reclining back seat and adjustable suspension modes. It gives you near S-Class range seating accomodation.

And it's rear-wheel drive.

The Hyundai Veracruz. Not really as solid a product as the Genesis, but it's fully loaded, plush leather, BMW-matching 3 liter diesel (235 hp or so), automatic lifting tail-gate, etcetera...

Toyota Alphard, Chrysler Town & Country. Plush, luxurious vans.

So... those are out of your size range... what if we go lower?

The Camaro?: 3.6m is a stretch. But you're using this solo, right? The interior is cheap BUT... everyone will be looking at you as you drive up.

The Dodge Challenger: Rinse, repeat, rewind. Add descriptor: Drives like a boat. Still, it's powerful, unusual and makes everyone look.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6: under 2m. Fast, exciting, powerful, and unusual enough still that it gets looks.

The Subaru Forester XT: Since you've expressed a preference for SUVs (though you don't really need one... if you need an SUV, you'll be looking at a Montero...), the XT is similar to the choices you've picked. It's fast, it rides much better than a BMW X3 (which rides like a pile of rocks) and it's roomy.

Honda Accord? Toyota Camry? Plush, lots of toys. The Accord's V6 is smooth and refined, and interior quality on the Honda is easily better than in BMW and Mercedes's cheaper offerings.

-

I realize part of the reason for wanting a BMW or a Lexus is for the brand and the image... but don't limit yourself... explore your options. 3m is a lot of money, and you have to be sure that when you do spend it, you spend it on something you'll really enjoy over the long term.

-

Now... while the value of the brand is overblown... if we were talking about a bigger budget... say... 6m... I wouldn't mind a diesel X5. Absolutely fantastic SUV.
    Last edited by niky; August 27th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You can also consider the MB GLK.

or the aforementioned Audi Q5 ...

I agree with niky, 3M is A LOT of money. Spend it wisely.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    luxury pala gusto mo so dapat german car vs german car if that the case sa Audi Q5 ako bigger kesa bmw X1 wow talaga interior idrive panalo ito dual exhaust pa...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Between the X1 and RX350, I'd go with the Lexus as interior space is much bigger and ride is very comfortable. I think RX350 category is more like in between X3 and X5.

By the way, just curious, what kind of discounts is Lexus giving for RX350 nowadays aside from the lower new SRP?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mag Volvo XC60 CRDI or yung T6 Turbo ka nalang..

Audi Q5?YUCK!!!Already tried this one(mayroong 2 Liter TFSI Quattro yung kapitbahay namin na pinahiram saakin once) at para syang Audi A3 or A4 na matangkad lang..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir niky, thanks for the very detailed choices, your correct sa pag analyze sa buying needs ko, sobra talaga ako tumitingin sa brand, typical pinoy buyer parang gusto ko narin tuloy ng cx9,

heres the bad news, tinawagan na kami ng bmw dealer and sabi we have to decide now dahil one and only unit nalang daw yung x1 na available, and meron nang interested buyers, hindi ko sure kung totoo or marketing strategy, ang sabi nila all diesel x1 will be only 1.8cc nalang hindi na raw sila magpaparating ng 2.0 diesel. have to wait and see kung totoo nga. kaya last one na sa pinas yung 2.0, and same price din daw ng 2.0 yung 1.8.

kaya no choice na order na siya and delivery will be on monday, would love to try out the lexus or other suvs (ganda ng interior ng audi) but im really looking for the smallest luxury suv. complete na garahe, full size, mid size, cuv, and new baby suv.

saipame, actor, renzo. ganda nga ng interior ng audi, mukha din siya over my budget . but hindi pa ako open sa audi brand,
    Last edited by promdiboy; August 28th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    congrats post pics pag nakuha mo na...indeed a good car anyway.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... congrats din. I guess since you're a bachelor, you won't mind the compromises. But if the ride is too choppy, here's a tip... lots of BMW guys simply swap out their run-flats for regular tires and a can of fix-a-flat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
bmw x1 or lexus rx 350  both local units