New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    BMW 316i is for economy and prestige. mas matipid siya compared to the inline 6 engines of BMW plus you get the high class badge. but if you enjoy driving cars with power, bitin yan. get the 320i at least because the sound of the inline6 engines of BMW is sweet. Plus the specs of some 316i is still not on par with those found in the 320i. the 320i already has rear disc brakes (early 316i has drum brakes), climate control, leather seats, etc.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My cousin has a later-model 316i (rear discs). Basically stock, but with all amber lenses changed to clear and a set of 17" wheels (Breyton ata). Ganda ng dating.

Hindi naman siya power hungry. Can keep up with traffic. Costs less than most Japanese economy cars. Pero iba talaga ang lakas ng dating. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Under-powered ... all-show, no-go ... the usual comments on the E36 316. Having a 1.6li/100bhp engine, it's very easy to compare it with other E36 sedans, up to the M3 Evo with a 3.2li/321bhp engine.

OK naman siya for city driving, and although it may not be the fastest 1.6li-engined car in the highway, I'm sure you'll appreciate the big difference in handling and comfort compared to other cars. Personally, I'd go for at least the smallest 6cyl one ... the smallest being the 320 (2.0li/150bhp). The engine note of that straight six is indeed sweet. Hit the 100mph mark and you'll be forgiven for thinking you're only running 60-70mph if you're used to a mid-Jap car

OT:
    *OTEP - Tell your cousin to put in DDE's/Angel Eyes!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Hehehe. You're missing a lot. Daming good finds sa 'old' car market. Lalo na sa Euros. We just got a 60's model, W109 MB. Currently rebuilding it.
    well, i do agree that rebuilding an old car is a very fulfilling endeavor. I for one has an 11 year old civic esi seldom-used car in the garage. someday I really plan to make a hobby out of it, but I really can't find the time.

would really love to make this car look like the civics used by Vin Diesel et all in Fast & Furious 1. sa tingin mo magkano kaya magastos ko if ever mag-rebuild ako ng ganun. naisip ko kasi kung aabot din 300k plus sayang investment.

it's all stock, casa-maintained engine until year 9, 2 years na sa servitek, stock rims & tires, shocks need replacement medyo tabinge na nga sya, the aircon compressor needs to be replaced though, old-school headlights, and it's so smelly inside coz my brother smoked on it most of the time

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    mga boss pasingit na din po... ask ko lang regarding cost to maintain? mahal po ba? parts availability madami po ba or may replacement parts din ba eto... tsaka shop na susuport except casa?

sori po dami tanong isa din po kasi eto sa preferd car ko eh...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Yung 320i ni vinj dati lumilipad sa Katipunan flyover. Wohoo! hehehe. But the 316i is ok for around town work.
    Hehehe... Naalala mo pa yung mga college tambay days natin ni Glennster. Nasama pa tayo sa Inquirer (o Bulletin?) ng di-oras.

The 316i can get you to where you're going but don't expect to beat Civics and Corollas on the acceleration dept (kung highway stability pwede pa). If it's a Euro car i'm after and i'm on a relative budget then the 316i is a good choice. I'd still look for a 320i given the chance. Tama si BLuebimmer, it is sluggish from standstill (320i) but once you hit the high rpm... yahooooo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    well, i do agree that rebuilding an old car is a very fulfilling endeavor. I for one has an 11 year old civic esi seldom-used car in the garage. someday I really plan to make a hobby out of it, but I really can't find the time
    Some old cars don't have to be rebuilt. E.g. the Vitara we got. The price was a steal. The vehicle was mint despite being a '95 model. But that's going OT.

BTTT: Vinj, na-extra pa tayo sa diyaryo. Hehehe. Pero ayoko na maalala kung bakit panay ang punta ko sa Katipunan ng mga panahong iyon. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    (kung highway stability pwede pa).
    true! handling is still bmw kahit 316 pa yan...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Planning to buy also. Maganda ba talaga toh? hnd ba mahrap maintain?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    how would power of the 316 compare to the japanese 16s, say, 95 corolla, civic, etc?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
BMW 316i ok ba ito?