New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Here here on the golf... too bad VW prices it too high locally.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're ALL too expensive. Give me a Focus hatch anyday.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Years from now. a 1-series stripped to be a Trackcar would be a nice proposition. Turbocharge to 2.0 to 240 hp and well lightened. it will be great match for the M4 reputed to have a 2.4 litre S14 replacement pumping 240hp. As a small car on its own merit, I fail to see how it could hold out to the competition in the general public (within that class, of course).
    The E90 320 is way better is almost all respects, except that its not a 1.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by E34touring
    Years from now. a 1-series stripped to be a Trackcar would be a nice proposition. Turbocharge to 2.0 to 240 hp and well lightened. it will be great match for the M4 reputed to have a 2.4 litre S14 replacement pumping 240hp. As a small car on its own merit, I fail to see how it could hold out to the competition in the general public (within that class, of course).
    The E90 320 is way better is almost all respects, except that its not a 1.
    Wrong. The E90 320 is better in every respect than the 120, because it isn't a 1. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Here here on the golf... too bad VW prices it too high locally.
    AFAIK, VW manufactures cars in China, albeit downscale models. If they can come up with a small sedan with a competitive engine, equipment and price, it just might work here.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I did say "lightened" didn't I. Anyway, the M Coupe wacks it for sure in race trim. Thats the car I have been waiting for ... but not here, there is none in this country. A few M Roadsters maybe and only one 328 Z3 coupe (hardtop, not ragtop).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    AFAIK, VW manufactures cars in China, albeit downscale models. If they can come up with a small sedan with a competitive engine, equipment and price, it just might work here.
    We might not have to wait for China for VWs cos Proton might do a great deal with VW for the Asian market. The changes in automotive industry in Malaysia is forcing Proton to "swim" rather than sink, so basic Golf might be Proton badged very soon. Hoping to have a Asian price tag, so at least countries such as this can have access to affordable German technology, other than an Opel!.
    Fit and finish would be Asian quality as well but who cares, most will upgrade privately anyway, if they wanted.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Isn't the comparison should be between the 1-series vs the A-class? Not sure if its being sold locally though but I've seen the new A-class in Europe and interior space is actually quite smart for such a small car.

Now comparing the 1 with the B, I don't think it'll ever drive better than RWD BMW's but in terms of interior space, the B-class is definitely bigger than the 1 or even the 3-series despite its small size.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    VW China(Shanghai VW) already did... kinda..

VW Polo Classic (Brazil, China, South Africa)

When VW's new dealer Autostadt Philippines reintroduced VW, they dropped the old Polo Classic 1.6 from the lineup instead of replacing it with the updated version (because it wouldn't match the rest of their overpriced models).
    The Polo Classic actually sold more than all the new VW models combined(Lupo, Golf, Bora, Passat, New Beetle etc). Among the new VW cars, the one that somehow sold(low volume) was the New Beetle, which has been a mainstay in their lineup.
    Last edited by AG4; February 14th, 2006 at 01:45 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Given the chance to take home one, I'll get the 1-series because of the design. i think the B-Class looks like a bigger Honda Jazz. The B-class Brabus looks a little better though.

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners/...601.001.1M.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BMW 120i vs Merc B200!