New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Given you are coming from a Toyota Fortuner, I would suggest the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS.

The benefits you get from this choice is the roomy interior and powerful engine. The aggressive external looks is a plus.

Downside with the GLS is the fake wood trim of the dashboard. Also the handling can be a little "spongy" with the stock 16inch wheels and tires (but since you do drive a Fortuner, you might not really notice it). The fix for the handling is to upgrade to the 18 inch wheels & tires from the Lancer EX GTA which you can buy 2nd hand from mitsu-lancer clubs. The GTA wheels also improves this car's overall looks enough to fool most people you got a GTA and not the lower model GLS.

The fake wood trim can be "fixed" with a little fake carbonfiber sticker to cover it up. hehe

+1; Oo nga TS, yung fake wood tapalan mo lang ng CF sticker na high-quality halos la ka na maipintas sa Lancer GLS for me.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *renzo and GH: Isn't the TS referring to the Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT and not the EX GLS? I am assuming he is strictly at the 800-850K budget range and the EX GLS is at 1M+ if I remember correctly.

*sachiel: I like the Grand Livina, but not the Elite which is an MT; I find it too stripped down, and without ABS. There was a promo where the Elite was priced down to 777K.

Amongst the choice given by the TS, I would probably pick the Mazda2 hatch AT for the most fun, and the Jazz 1.5 if I want to be on the practical side (space wise and overall usage). However, if an additional 50K can be spared, I'd go either Cruze 1.8 LS or Altis 1.6G AT.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    *renzo and GH: Isn't the TS referring to the Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT and not the EX GLS? I am assuming he is strictly at the 800-850K budget range and the EX GLS is at 1M+ if I remember correctly.

*sachiel: I like the Grand Livina, but not the Elite which is an MT; I find it too stripped down, and without ABS. There was a promo where the Elite was priced down to 777K.

Amongst the choice given by the TS, I would probably pick the Mazda2 hatch AT for the most fun, and the Jazz 1.5 if I want to be on the practical side (space wise and overall usage). However, if an additional 50K can be spared, I'd go either Cruze 1.8 LS or Altis 1.6G AT.
    Same thought at first but Cedia GLS is only around 690 to 700K due to cash discount. EX GLS less than 1M for huge discount too.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    Same thought at first but Cedia GLS is only around 690 to 700K due to cash discount. EX GLS less than 1M for huge discount too.
    Ah... if that is the case, then yeah, I'd go with the EX GLS also. I now remember the EX being given 100K (150K even if I remember correctly) discounts around 2-3 months ago so if the EX GLS is at 1,000,000 retail, a 150K discount nicely puts it in 850K territory

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ah... if that is the case, then yeah, I'd go with the EX GLS also. I now remember the EX being given 100K (150K even if I remember correctly) discounts around 2-3 months ago so if the EX GLS is at 1,000,000 retail, a 150K discount nicely puts it in 850K territory
    Exactly my thoughts. For the money, getting a 2.0 liter engine is no joke.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. For the money, getting a 2.0 liter engine is no joke.
    A bargain ika nga and just a rim & tire upgrade as suggested by GH, looks like a GTA already.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Subcompact na pala yung Lancer EX

I think the TS was referring to the ancient Lancer Mitsubishi is still selling to battle in the subcompact market (see thread title).

Top of the line for subcompacts? My choice would be the Accent 1.6 Blue for its balance of form and function.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *renzo and GH: Isn't the TS referring to the Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT and not the EX GLS? I am assuming he is strictly at the 800-850K budget range and the EX GLS is at 1M+ if I remember correctly..

The Lancer EX GLS is priced at P895k cash after the standard discounts.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If the TS' max budget 850k includes already the insurance, LTO and the like then clearly he wont be able to afford the EX GLS.

With that, I'd put the Honda Jazz at the top of my list since space wouldn't really matter as the TS got a Fortuner already. Then the Hyundai Accent will come in next followed by the Honda City.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If the TS' max budget 850k includes already the insurance, LTO and the like then clearly he wont be able to afford the EX GLS.

With that, I'd put the Honda Jazz at the top of my list since space wouldn't really matter as the TS got a Fortuner already. Then the Hyundai Accent will come in next followed by the Honda City.
    Well, if the TS' budget is P850 all-in ... the Honda Jazz 1.5L is the preferred choice.

It has big (for it's class) interior space. Sufficient leg room for both front AND rear seats. Large cargo area, fold flat rear seats for even bigger stuff in the back of the car.

Good external looks is a big plus. The standard A/T shifter is the only negative in the way that this car doesn't achieve the same fuel economy figures as the previous model.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 28th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
which is the better Top of the line Sub-compact sedan (a/t) ?