New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    hi guys, i'm planning to get an alternate vehicle for my Fortuner. pang pamilya kasi, ang laki and ako lng mag-isa on my way to work. my budget is around 800-850k

kindly compare the ff. and which of these cars are the BEST VALUE FOR MONEY.. thanx

kindly assume all vehicles to be the TOP of the Line of their model and A/T transmission:

honda city
    toyota vios
    mazda 2 (sedan and hatch)
    hyundai accent
    suzuki swift
    honda jazz
    chevrolet aveo
    mitsubishi lancer (gls)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My choices would only be a Hyundai Accent or a Ford Fiesta. Size and luxury, I would go for Accent. For sporty looks and spirited driving, I would go for the Fiesta.

It would be best if you can test drive all of them. List down the characteristics you want in a car. Kung FC, try to read na lang sa threads ng respective cars. Hindi naman masyado magkakalayo ang FC nito based sa mga nabasa ko dito. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    No contest. Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS.

If not, the Mazda2 isn't looking too shabby either. Very fun to drive.. but if you're willing to sacrifice some fun for practicality, 1.5 Jazz fits the bill. If you'd like some added weight but more toys, the Fiesta. The 1.6 Accent actually has nice interior materials, but I'd get the Elantra's that said to be coming this week instead.

No to Vios. Definite no to Aveo. So-so with the Honda City if you like a more grown-up appeal versus the Jazz.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest you get the Accent 1.6GLS Blue. Very well spec'd and built with excellent materials. If you prefer something bigger and don't mind lower levels of equipment, I'd suggest the base Elantra.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    GLS is not the TOTL Lancer EX. Pero jackpot ka na diyan.

Next would be the Accent 1.6 Blue, then Jazz 1.5V, then Fiesta S.

Scratch out the Chevrolet Aveo. Cruze 1.8LS A/T is better kaso lagpas ng 50K sa budget.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by waryu69 View Post
    hi guys, i'm planning to get an alternate vehicle for my Fortuner. pang pamilya kasi, ang laki and ako lng mag-isa on my way to work. my budget is around 800-850k

kindly compare the ff. and which of these cars are the BEST VALUE FOR MONEY.. thanx

kindly assume all vehicles to be the TOP of the Line of their model and A/T transmission:

honda city
    toyota vios
    mazda 2 (sedan and hatch)
    hyundai accent
    suzuki swift
    honda jazz
    chevrolet aveo
    mitsubishi lancer (gls)
    If the budget is 850K max. I'll chose Honda City then Jazz.

Honda City 1.5E A/T Php 821K
    Insurance Php 20-22K with AOG
    LTO Php 6-8K

Saktong sakto lang eto sir kung cash buyer ka ha.

Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T Php 857K
    Additional 30K+ ka pa on other fees.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There is no Mazda2 AT sedan.

But for the most fun-to-drive AT in the segment, the Mazda2 takes the cake. Short gears, great handling, lovely to drive.

Personally, I prefer the Honda 5AT to the Fiesta DCT... but if you're willing to go down a notch to the Fiesta Trend 1.4 MT, that's actually a pretty swell car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lancer EX GLS.

Kahit hindi siya top-of-the-line, you'll get your money's worth.

Bigger. 2.0L. Everything. ;)

Next in line would be the Accent 1.6L Blue then the Honda Jazz 1.5V

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given you are coming from a Toyota Fortuner, I would suggest the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS.

The benefits you get from this choice is the roomy interior and powerful engine. The aggressive external looks is a plus.

Downside with the GLS is the fake wood trim of the dashboard. Also the handling can be a little "spongy" with the stock 16inch wheels and tires (but since you do drive a Fortuner, you might not really notice it). The fix for the handling is to upgrade to the 18 inch wheels & tires from the Lancer EX GTA which you can buy 2nd hand from mitsu-lancer clubs. The GTA wheels also improves this car's overall looks enough to fool most people you got a GTA and not the lower model GLS.

The fake wood trim can be "fixed" with a little fake carbonfiber sticker to cover it up. hehe
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 27th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Grand Livina M/T. I think Nissan lowered the price of the manual to less than P800k already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
which is the better Top of the line Sub-compact sedan (a/t) ?