New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We're also planning to buy a van and I'm also confused about the two. The Commuter would be a good choice for me in terms of speed and akyatan however there's a d4d issue so we don't have a choice but to get an Urvan soon.

Sa mga Urvan user kumusta performance ng makina? I'm just referring to the low end model. 2.7 engine right? Tama ba nabasa ko naka timing chain na ang Urvan?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    During our company summer outing, we rented 3 Nissan Urvan and 5 Toyota Hi-Ace. These vans are almost new.

Funny part was when we went to the parking area, all my female colleagues ran towards Urvans..kasi daw malamig and comfortable. The guys, being gentlemen had no choice but to ride Hi-Ace.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    We're also planning to buy a van and I'm also confused about the two. The Commuter would be a good choice for me in terms of speed and akyatan however there's a d4d issue so we don't have a choice but to get an Urvan soon.

Sa mga Urvan user kumusta performance ng makina? I'm just referring to the low end model. 2.7 engine right? Tama ba nabasa ko naka timing chain na ang Urvan?
    The 2.7 can run the van up mountains, fully loaded however don't expect to win any speed contests. The Hiace definitely has better acceleration and a much newer design. Downside to the Hiace Commuter is the bare interior so its better to upsize to the Grandia GL at the least.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Engine:
    Commuter - responsive sa hiway at akyatan, new technology with 2.5 D4D (but then again, there are woes hehe)
    Escapade - may lag a bit sa hiway or akyatan but difference is almost unnoticeable, uses the good old realiable 2.7 engine in timing chains

Comfort/Amenities/Features:
    Commuter - Lawanit sidings, cramped passenger seats, front passenger seat is not even reclineable, shift stick is dashboard-mounted, uses the pull-up/turn type handbrakes (like the old FX), front speakers only, easy access to front hood for fluids (radiator, brakes/clutch, washers)

Escapade- good interior finish, seats reclineable (front, and the next 2 rows) with pockets and cupholders in all, 4 speaker system (2 front + 2 passengers), power lock/unlock for tailgate door, rear wiper/washers, foglights

Hands down on Escapade. Get all the features/amenities with the lesser price (almost 200K difference nowadays)

But then resale and depreciation begins to fill in as time goes by (if you consider not to keep it for long). Then Toyota definitely is a better choice. But with the recent setbacks of Toyota, well who knows then.

On the driver's point of view, Commuter is a better choice. Good overall driving view.

But on the passenger's point of view, I'd rather sit and be relaxed in an Escapade.

Tough choice you got. Better visit both dealership and see for yourself.

Goodluck with your choice.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    value for money. Toyota pa din.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post

Sad to say...not anymore.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa urvan din ako. sobrang bare nung commuter ang hirap sumakay kahit sa 2ndrow d ka manlang maka recline ng onti

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post
    Old but still persisting mentality.

On the topic, the Urvan is a better vehicle. Although with less power, it has better amenities more suited to a passenger van.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sige Urvan na ang better passenger van

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    thanks guys! nagkaron ako ng idea which is more better and comfortable ride.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?