New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what model of hiace are you referring to. the new, boxy one is a bit cramped inside.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    How about maintenance bits? Is the old school 2.7L diesel in the current Escapade cheaper and easier to maintain than the 2.5 D4D of the boxy Commuter?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    How about maintenance bits? Is the old school 2.7L diesel in the current Escapade cheaper and easier to maintain than the 2.5 D4D of the boxy Commuter?

mas easy to maintain ang Escapade kasi old school diesel engine gamit nyan & nde pa sya drive by wire ang accelerator.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    if ipam papasada i'd go for the urvan.

simply because it is much cheaper to maintain (due to its non crdi diesel engine) than a toyota hi ace with a choking D4D engine problem.

mas maganda rin ang ride ng urvan than the hi ace (if new gen hiace).

sa aircon almost the same lang naman sila. problem is pareho silang walang vent ng aircon sa bandang likod or sides man lang. so hindi gaano nakakarating ang lamig sa last row seats unlike sa super grandia and e150

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nissan Urvan of course.May 21 seater pa nga nito diba..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi there!
    I think the obvious reason why you asked about the vans is bcoz of passenger capacity.
    With that, I think (again) the urvan is the hands down choice:
    1. Malakas A/C
    2. More leg room kahit na sa stretched body
    Translation: you cant go wrong with the urvan in comfort.
    Pero kung engine performance sa akyatan hiace ka na.
    Last edited by PhazotroN; December 27th, 2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: blackout

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have you considered KIA KC2700? mukhang maganda rin (21-seater).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    urvan also gets my vote.
    but imho, the new toyota hi-ace grandia is better.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [SIZE=3]I was really amazed ng makasakay ako sa colurom na Toyota grandia gl.. napashoot ako, n asana kaya rin naming bumili. But ofcourse theres always kontrabido. My ex who is an avid fan of Nissan product discourage us to go for grandia, try looking daw after 5-10yrs, maganda pa rin ang performance ng URvan Nissan (specially ang aircon) and sa price mas mura eto compare to grandia.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]And my ex doesn’t recommend Toyota Commuter Van, hindi siya ganon ka comfortable sa loob.. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by napadpad_lang View Post
    [SIZE=3]I was really amazed ng makasakay ako sa colurom na Toyota grandia gl.. napashoot ako, n asana kaya rin naming bumili. But ofcourse theres always kontrabido. My ex who is an avid fan of Nissan product discourage us to go for grandia, try looking daw after 5-10yrs, maganda pa rin ang performance ng URvan Nissan (specially ang aircon) and sa price mas mura eto compare to grandia.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]And my ex doesn’t recommend Toyota Commuter Van, hindi siya ganon ka comfortable sa loob.. [/SIZE]
    Haha then you would the avid fan ng toyota? Well first and oremost I find it funny when up to now we are still using the old sabi sabi ni manong mekaniko in the early 90s that Nissan has the best a/c.. well you can still use that as basis before... but now almost all new cars have the same quality in a/c.

As for the question, I've test drove both van, and ended up buying a g.satarex. The grandia medyo ayaw ko yung tagtag, yung pagka uber boxy niya, and their engine woes Urvan on the other hand is ok, felt more better, spacious din. So go for the urvan.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?