New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    im about to buy a car and is ver much confused whit what honda model to go..
    95 esi
    or
    95 lx

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mas okey ang honda ESI, all power, matipid sa gas, and fast

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Price difference bet. the two is very small and negligible. It makes more sense to get the ESI.

The ESI has a 1.6li fuel injected engine, 120hp. Power steering, windows, locks, antenna, stock 14" mags, rear seats headrests and better rear suspension.

The LX has 1.5li carburated engine, 90+hp. Power steering, manual window, locks, antenna, stock 13" mags, bench type rear seats, etc..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ESi. my vote.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Civic ESi is a better choice. The Civic LX is a good car if you plan to do an engine swap though.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thank you...
    how about a honda 94 civic esi model?
    is it worth buying it at 165th than buying a 95 civic lx model at 185th neg?
    any price range that you know for this type of cars or at a budget of below 190th, what better models could i possibly get?

thanks again

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerom
    thank you...
    any price range that you know for this type of cars or at a budget of below 190th, what better models could i possibly get?

thanks again
    Get the latest year model for that Civic's generation which is year model '95. YM '94 and '95 are nearly the similar with each other, with the exception that the YM '95 has rear window defogger, chrome badge of "Civic", laminated windshield, etc. I think the '95 can be had for more or less Php 180K depending on the condition of the car. Try getting a low-mileage one as much as possible to save you any headaches from replacing this and that. If you can drive a manual trans, dont get the automatic trans bec. it (automatic) is very hesistant (slow) even when being floored already.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    esi gets my vote

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    mas ok yun esi...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerom
    thank you...
    thanks again
    I reco the ESI over the lx, because of it's accessories (mags, radio), power features (power steering, windows, side mirrors, antenna). I've seen ads for 94 ESIs going for 150-180K. You should be able to get a 95 model with your budget. Reco as well look for ones maintained with stock engine set-up / suspension / mags as possible, to hopefully get one with the least to nothing to fix later. Good luck in your Civic choice/hunt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
which is better "look-wise", 95 honda civic lx or esi?