New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Glad I found this thread. Also looking around for a good pick-up. Medyo mahirap lang din mag-decide sa dami ng options. The options that made the list are Hilux 2.4E MT, Ford Ranger XLS MT, and Isuzu DMAX LT-X MT (Budget-wise.)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    Glad I found this thread. Also looking around for a good pick-up. Medyo mahirap lang din mag-decide sa dami ng options. The options that made the list are Hilux 2.4E MT, Ford Ranger XLS MT, and Isuzu DMAX LT-X MT (Budget-wise.)
    Can't go wrong with any of those.

Navara din for the rear coil springs... Lower payload but more comfortable driving.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Can't go wrong with any of those.

Navara din for the rear coil springs... Lower payload but more comfortable driving.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post

What did you end up buying? Plano ko sana bumili before the year ends. Gusto ko ang Navara sana kaso may nakapagsabi parang masikip daw ang 2nd row seats. Above average kasi ang haba ng mga binti ng sasakay.
    Any advice kung aling pick up ang pang- Family use saka business na rin, siguro Manila byahe once a week para mamili ng stocks ng tindahan. Salamat sa magre-reply.

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    *Lance01

If you're threshold/budget is around 1.1M to 1.2M you should consider the Navara. I've test driven it and I can easily say that the ride is very comfortable (relative comparison to other cars our family owns - Revo, Everest, Lynx). A pickup you can use as a family car as well as for business. The multi-link rear suspension makes a lot of difference.

God willing, I should own one before the year ends

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance01 View Post
    What did you end up buying? Plano ko sana bumili before the year ends. Gusto ko ang Navara sana kaso may nakapagsabi parang masikip daw ang 2nd row seats. Above average kasi ang haba ng mga binti ng sasakay.
    Any advice kung aling pick up ang pang- Family use saka business na rin, siguro Manila byahe once a week para mamili ng stocks ng tindahan. Salamat sa magre-reply.
    do a test drive sir ganyan din ako noon. I'm now a happy owner of ranger

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yes i agree test drive po. that being said feeling ko among the pick ups dmax ang masikip ang interior.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Year-end pick up? Hmmm, how about -

Can I be your first mistake of the new year???

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    if you plan to use your pick up to wade or ford into floodwaters when inevitable, get the 4x4 model. Any brand. I would NOT dare wade into floodwaters with a 4x2. Its an "unknown" terrain under the floodwaters you know.. If you plan to use your 'ute with heavy loads regularly, get the hilux, it has by far, the beefiest underchassis. The softest being the navarra as it has multilink coil-sprung rear suspension, thus, probably has the most comfortable ride on-road. Power & Torque? halos hindi na sila nagkakalayo lahat unless we are talking about triple digit speeds. Aftersales and aftermarket support? Toyota wins in this segment... After owning several 4x4's from car brands, I still go with the one that has good aftersales and aftermarket support. After all, these are machines that do breakdown overtime with regular use or abuse, and with that, aftersales and aftermarket support REALLY matters

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance01 View Post
    Got the Dmax Bluepower before 2018 . Ok naman siya pang family vehicle and ride is on par with our Fortuner V. I use it daily and prefer using it than our suv..

Power is okay for me but the vibration on idle still bothers me pero I realized nag vibibrate din pala sa idle yung FD.

There are other trucks you can choose. I chose Isuzu dahil we have trusted the brand since the late 90s and aftersales service is good compared to Toyota.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast