New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For general pang harabas and long-term use, Escapade gives good value. I personally don't think speed is a main requirement for these types of vehicles and use as it will just encourage the driver to run it fast and hard as i see out on the roads with those for hire vehicles.

The Hiace is faster but once you reach high mileages and encounter injector and turbo repairs, it will cost you dearly.

For personal use, i'd get a Hiace definitely (especially with it's better crash worthiness) however if its primary use is for business then the Urvan Escapade is still a contender.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I chose urvan over hi ace commuter and grand starex. It has all the basics that you need, nothing complicated.

Got wifi, DVD player, monitors, and a lot more freebies.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    For general pang harabas and long-term use, Escapade gives good value. I personally don't think speed is a main requirement for these types of vehicles and use as it will just encourage the driver to run it fast and hard as i see out on the roads with those for hire vehicles.

The Hiace is faster but once you reach high mileages and encounter injector and turbo repairs, it will cost you dearly.

For personal use, i'd get a Hiace definitely (especially with it's better crash worthiness) however if its primary use is for business then the Urvan Escapade is still a contender.

A friend of mine is in a Garage Biz. He has a fleet of Hi-aces and Urvans. According to him, Hi-ace are the best ones to drive, matatag, mabilis but "madugo sa bulsa" especially kapag crdi related. Halos 6-digits daw ang gastos. He is selling his Hi-aces and will swap them for a newer Urvan.

Now, he prefers an older-slow vehicle but cheaper to maintain than a modern-fast van but expensive PMS.

Business eh saka na ang comfort. :D

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I vote

1st for the grand starex, really comfortable at maganda ang leg room in 7-9 seater form pati ride sweet. Tahimik sa loob and andun yung power ng crdi vgt engine... hands down this is the One. No complaints...

2nd is Hi-Ace super grandia mas roomy sya compared sa starex since it can seat more people compared sa GS since flat nose to. Ang ayaw ko lang is ang ingay ng propeller shaft nya. Take note more than two different units na nasakyan ko na nito both in brand new and broken-in stage na. Talagang maingay yung prop shaft parang kulang sa insulation sa ilalim. Pero over all aside from the NVH its a very good Van. Yung Hi-Ace commuter bad trip yung second row pang midgets talaga just like someone said here. I'm not that tall pero bwiset talaga yang second row nyan, ungas yata yung nag lay out ng seating nyan sa toyota...

3rd Nissan Urvan, yung shuttle namin from parking to office na Urvan estate laging me problema. Sbi rin ng aircon tech ko prone daw tamaan condenser nya sa ilalim kaya siguro madalas masira aircon ng shuttle namen at napaka tagal magawa ng Nissan U.N. tagal kong di nakita eh. Personally I wouldn't get this pero hanggang rider lang ako dito. Pero that aside seating is quite good, not like the Super grandia pero comfortable naman pedeng pang out of town.

4th L300 what can I say ang init sa pwet... poor air conditioning kahit sa likod ang hina. Not sure yung bago, pero its an old van tapos halos doble na price when first launched nung 1993 yata yun... tsk tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ base model is almost P1.4M. hi-ace na lang.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Who will be doing the driving? May driver ba? Maingat ba yung nagdadrive?

Kung maingat, I'd suggest the Grand Starex TCi and the Urvan Estate. The engines of both are quite simple, so maintenance cost won't be through the roof. You won't have to worry about fuel quality too, unlike with the newer commonrail engines. Despite the simple powertrain, they are quite comfortable too.

Yung Hiace malakas humatak. Pero kahit hindi mo papansinin ang sikip with the Commuter variant, napakatagtag talaga even with the higher variants. This one is good for shuttle service purposes, pero kung long distance travel at ikaw at ang iyong pamilya rin ang sasakay, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Kung ilalaspag lang, eh di Urvan Escapade na. Its actually more comfortable than the bouncy Hiace, and the aircon is good enough. Engine is adequate enough and is thoroughly ancient much like the rest of the car. But this also means its reliable and easy to fix.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005

eto hintayin mo. ngayong araw palang yan lumabas sa japan, so after 10 years dito na yan hehehe ang kulet kasi ng local nissan hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

eto hintayin mo. ngayong araw palang yan lumabas sa japan, so after 10 years dito na yan hehehe ang kulet kasi ng local nissan hehe
    Di naman... Siguro after 3 years i-release na nila dito. Pero TD27 pa rin makina

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Di naman... Siguro after 3 years i-release na nila dito. Pero TD27 pa rin makina
    sana naman, umayos ang NMPI.

ayaw mag introduce ng maayos na oto dito.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Best van for rent and family service?