New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We have a 2008 Grandia GL. It's not the most powerful van in the market but it has more than enough power, is very reliable, efficient and spacious. I'd get this over the current new Urvan mainly because the Urvan is still a low-end narrow body variant. If the choice was between the URvan and Hiace Commuter, then i'd consider the Urvan more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Turning off the aircon of the urvan when going uphill is a myth (or kalokohan lang ng mga driver). Never did that, and nakaakyat naman. Just don't expect your van to run like a sedan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Although we haven't fully loaded it up I'm positive you don't need to turn off the a/c to go uphill. Re: fuel consumption, of course with the more powerful engine and stronger ac it could consume more than the toyota depending on how you use it.

I noticed you're choosing between hiace grandia (wide body) and nv350 (narrow body). If you really like the wide body I'd wait for the wide body version nv350. Otherwise the choices for me would be hiace grandia and grand starex. The seats even on the current narrow body 12 seater nv350 are a bit narrow for personal use compared to those two.
    salamat po sa mga feedbacks sir's, about dun po sa turning on/off ng aircon ng urvan is mukhang totoo naman dahil nasabi po yun sakin nung may ari ng urvan na inarkila namin dati, sya mismo nag sabi hirap pag umakyat ng bagiuo ng bukas ang AC pag fully loaded, e sa pamilya naman namin medyo madami at pag may lakad gusto halos kasama lahat hehe, hindi naman din po ako nag eexpect na tumakbo yung van ng tulad ng sedan, yun bang tipong hindi hirap or hindi ka mapapahiya uphill e ok na

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sa lumang Urvan siguro isasara talaga ang aircon sa akyatan lalo na kapag 18 o 21 seater tapos puno. Pero itong bago sigurado namang hindi na. Ang Hiace mas mahina dito pero kayang kaya umakyat ng Baguio na fully loaded at nakabukas ang aircon, napakatulin pa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Yup, he probably rented the older last gen urvan with td27 engine. Around 84 hp and 170 Nm of torque. The yd25 engine in the nv350 has 129 hp and 356 Nm.

The soft rear springs could be a concern for GT express operators. Maybe add a leaf or load plus? Agree with vinj, still low end for a personal van. Like he toyota commuter it also doesn't have interior insulation on the sides. Power windows and rear wiper are some other things you might miss.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Yup, he probably rented the older last gen urvan with td27 engine. Around 84 hp and 170 Nm of torque. The yd25 engine in the nv350 has 129 hp and 356 Nm.

The soft rear springs could be a concern for GT express operators. Maybe add a leaf or load plus? Agree with vinj, still low end for a personal van. Like he toyota commuter it also doesn't have interior insulation on the sides. Power windows and rear wiper are some other things you might miss.
    yun po bang nv350 power window type na sya? any feedback sir about sa spare parts? sino po ba mas pricey? toyota or urvan? TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Botchog Malikot View Post
    yun po bang nv350 power window type na sya? any feedback sir about sa spare parts? sino po ba mas pricey? toyota or urvan? TIA
    Nope, pawis window pa rin current nv350. Spare parts you can't really ask anyone as this is a new unit. You can check nissanparts.ph for prices of some parts but I check prices with other suppliers like Yen, Youngbros or Nisway before I buy. Consumables like filters you can check with the parts counter at any Nissan dealership. As for whether Toyota or Nissan parts are more expensive I'd say right now they are about the same with Toyota possibly being higher if bought at the casa. Maybe 4-5 years ago casa sourced Toyota parts were cheaper but not anymore. For an old Innova we had to spend around 100K to replace weather strip, LCA's, some bushings, rack ends and tie rods. Not sure if bought outside if still cheaper though.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Nope, pawis window pa rin current nv350. Spare parts you can't really ask anyone as this is a new unit. You can check nissanparts.ph for prices of some parts but I check prices with other suppliers like Yen, Youngbros or Nisway before I buy. Consumables like filters you can check with the parts counter at any Nissan dealership. As for whether Toyota or Nissan parts are more expensive I'd say right now they are about the same with Toyota possibly being higher if bought at the casa. Maybe 4-5 years ago casa sourced Toyota parts were cheaper but not anymore. For an old Innova we had to spend around 100K to replace weather strip, LCA's, some bushings, rack ends and tie rods. Not sure if bought outside if still cheaper though.
    salamat sir, mas mura parin pala ang parts ng toyota kaysa sa nissan, kahit hindi yung parts nitong bagong urvan ang pagbabasehan, kahit yung lumang urvan VS commuter about sa price e ok na atleast may idea lang ako pag dating sa presyuhan ng spare parts nila, anyway maraming salamat sa mga feedbacks po

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Space is important to me so if I am going to rent, I would go for a bigger van. I would choose the Hiace GL Grandia. If there is a Super Grandia, better, even if it's the fabric variant.

The Commuter, it's ok if it's not full load. Fill it up with people, I don't think I can last long. It's too cramped. If the NV350's seating layout is similar, I would say the same thing. But remove 4 to 5 passengers, I would reconsider since there is room to stretch my legs already.

If I would use it for personal and driving it daily, that's another thing. I would go with the smaller van, the Commuter or NV350. The GL Grandia, SG are too big to drive daily not unless you have a driver.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Guys pa imput naman ng fuel consumption nyo nv350 vs hi-ace commuter. Salamat in advance

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Best van for rent and family service?