New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can only tell once you inspect the unit. If the car is more worn out than a 40,000 km car should be, it most probably was tampered.

Also doesn't hurt to ask the seller. Although chances are they'd lie through their teeth and tell you it wasnt tampered even if it was.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I actually haved checked the sites so many times comparing about 50-70 cars. What I listed is I think have the most competitive price, "seems" not worn out based on the photos posted and lower than 100k mileage. Of course it would all depend on the actual viewing and test drive.

I am leaning on Civic FD. It has caught my attention way back but the newer model and lower mileage of Nissan is what making me have second thoughts.

Yeah, I hope these sellers would reply though. I had an experience that some of them just ignored my inquiries then I will be back to square one.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Still possible that it's not tampered, it's not ultra low. Hard to verify it, if not casa maintained.

Sold my car late last year with just over 50k on it, late 2010 acquired.

Just go for the Civic, agreed.

Pero if you can expand your choices, take a look at the Honda City/Vios. You might get a 2011-2012 model with those price range.
    For every one of you theres about 20 bogus sellers. 40k means 4k km per year. Unless the seller has many cars, that's highly unlikely.

Again, I never said it was impossible. I just said that it's more likely tampered than genuinely fresh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    I actually haved checked the sites so many times comparing about 50-70 cars. What I listed is I think have the most competitive price, "seems" not worn out based on the photos posted and lower than 100k mileage. Of course it would all depend on the actual viewing and test drive.

I am leaning on Civic FD. It has caught my attention way back but the newer model and lower mileage of Nissan is what making me have second thoughts.

Yeah, I hope these sellers would reply though. I had an experience that some of them just ignored my inquiries then I will be back to square one.
    Then go ahead and visit those cars to verify if they're really fresh units. Personally I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium if the car is genuinely pristine.

Just be sure to bring someone who can check the car thoroughly for any hidden problems.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Still possible that it's not tampered, it's not ultra low. Hard to verify it, if not casa maintained.

Sold my car late last year with just over 50k on it, late 2010 acquired.

Just go for the Civic, agreed.

Pero if you can expand your choices, take a look at the Honda City/Vios. You might get a 2011-2012 model with those price range.
    Hi,

I've also considered Honda City but the price is amost similar to FD hence I chose the Civic. For Toyota, the older Vios and Altis are so expensive and they looked so basic (taxi-ish). I dont mean to be a snob since my budget is not that big but you know what I mean.

I considered Nissan GS because it has better interior than the older Vios and also it has dual airbag.

My choice would be to be practical and get the newer car or spend more and take the older, more attractive car.

It's always difficult to give women options.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Then go ahead and visit those cars to verify if they're really fresh units. Personally I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium if the car is genuinely pristine.

Just be sure to bring someone who can check the car thoroughly for any hidden problems.

Yes. That would be my next assignment. Find a really good mechanic to help me out.

Thank you again.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    For every one of you theres about 20 bogus sellers. 40k means 4k km per year. Unless the seller has many cars, that's highly unlikely.

Again, I never said it was impossible. I just said that it's more likely tampered than genuinely fresh.

I guess I will leave the discretion of finding out which is the most honest seller with the mechanic (that I still have to find.) So is it better to consider higher mileage cars then? Coz I ignored a lot of them.

But if you are to choose among my list, what would you pick?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    I guess I will leave the discretion of finding out which is the most honest seller with the mechanic (that I still have to find.) So is it better to consider higher mileage cars then? Coz I ignored a lot of them.

But if you are to choose among my list, what would you pick?
    I would get the 09 because that's the facelifted FD already. The facelifted FD looks better than the original release in my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    I would get the 09 because that's the facelifted FD already. The facelifted FD looks better than the original release in my opinion.

I totally agree. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006

How about 2010 fd so the rims are upgraded too?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Honda Civic is a good choice ... buy direct from owner seller and avoid buy and sell agents ... one way to check is if the registration is under the seller's name and not open deed of sale ... most of the time used car agents tamper the odometer ... even digital odometers of Euro cars can be adjusted ...

There are several reputable shops where you can bring in the car for Pre-Purchase Inspection ... like SpeedyFix ... ... or you can ask the owner to bring the vehicle to a Honda dealer for a Pre-Purchase Inspection ... usually costs about 1,500-1,800 ... best to bring it to a shop so the vehicle can be lifted and underchassis inspected properly ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast