New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Searchride View Post
    You can get Ecosport against potholes and floods
    Floods would not be an issue since I would not be using it on a daily basis. That's why Im eyeing sedans and hatchbacks

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Is the Mitsubishi Lancer GTA 2.0 a good buy in the used car market with its high depreciation?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Is the Mitsubishi Lancer GTA 2.0 a good buy in the used car market with its high depreciation?

The Lancer EX platform has proven to be solid in its 10 years of existence. How much does a Lancer GT-A cost nowadays?

I am not sure about the LTO classification of the GT-A but the pricelist in Citimotors I have seen before places its registration under medium classification (gross vehicle weight of 1600+ kg). If that's the case, an Accord or Mazda6 of the same age and price will be a better buy in the used market. There is not much difference in fuel consumption between a 2.0L compact and 2.4L midsize anyway.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hi,

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated. I need to buy a 2nd hand car to use whenever I'm here in Manila (which is becoming more often because of business) and maybe Tagaytay or Batangas once a while. I used to take Uber around the city but now I find Grab too expensive and unreliable and also I couldn't really function well. I live in Palawan hence the name.

I can understand basic car language but not on the technical and maintenance side except checking water, oil, brake fluid and tires. I just rely on reading forums like this but some threads are too confusing for me. I learned that for Nissan Sentra, it's better to consider GS than GX for safety features and fuel consumption.

So far, I found these options online which are considerable (tsikot, FB market, olx and philkotse):

1. 2008 Nissan Sentra GS 1.6L Automatic with 50K mileage - PHP205K
    2. 2013 Nissan Sentra GS 1.6L Automatic (no mileage details) - PHP268K (location is San Fernando, Pampanga)
    3. 2013 Nissan Sentra GS 1.6L Automatic with 32K mileage - PHP295K
    4. 2007 Honda Civic 1.8s Automatic with 60k mileage - PHP300K
    5. 2008 Honda Civic 1.8s Automatic with 54k mileage - PHP340K
    6. 2009 Honda Civic 1.8s Automatic with 40-50K mileage - PHP350K

I'm torn between getting a newer Nissan model with basic look but premium interior versus an older Honda with attractive exterior and premium interior (it's actually one of my favorite car design). I just really need to be mobile with less headache for maintenance. Is Honda worth the 100k difference plus some repairs?

What are the usual questions do I need to ask the sellers and precautionary measures I need to consider when buying a used car? I'm thinking of hiring a trusted mechanic to go with me.

Thank you very much!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    Hi,

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated. I need to buy a 2nd hand car to use whenever I'm here in Manila (which is becoming more often because of business) and maybe Tagaytay or Batangas once a while. I used to take Uber around the city but now I find Grab too expensive and unreliable and also I couldn't really function well. I live in Palawan hence the name.

I can understand basic car language but not on the technical and maintenance side except checking water, oil, brake fluid and tires. I just rely on reading forums like this but some threads are too confusing for me. I learned that for Nissan Sentra, it's better to consider GS than GX for safety features and fuel consumption.

So far, I found these options online which are considerable (tsikot, FB market, olx and philkotse):

2. 2013 Nissan Sentra GS 1.6L Automatic (no mileage details) - PHP268K (location is San Fernando, Pampanga)

I'm torn between getting a newer Nissan model with basic look but premium interior versus an older Honda with attractive exterior and premium interior (it's actually one of my favorite car design). I just really need to be mobile with less headache for maintenance. Is Honda worth the 100k difference plus some repairs?

What are the usual questions do I need to ask the sellers and precautionary measures I need to consider when buying a used car? I'm thinking of hiring a trusted mechanic to go with me.

Thank you very much!
    if basic transportation is your definition,
    get a used wigo. a 2014 model is in the 400K+ range. a maintained one should not break down soon. matipid pa sa gas.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if basic transportation is your definition,
    get a used wigo. a 2014 model is in the 400K+ range. a maintained one should not break down soon. matipid pa sa gas.
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but not really into compact cars. I'm leaning more into a sedan. I have been on a Wigo (Uber) and it wasnt comfortable from QC to Makati via Edsa. I felt all the road bumps.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

Thank you very much!
    I would go with the Civic. But those mileages you mentioned are suspicious - too low for a 10 year old car. More likely that it's tampered rather than being a very fresh unit. Especially if you found it on the buy and sell sites.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would go with the Civic. But those mileages you mentioned are suspicious - too low for a 10 year old car. More likely that it's tampered rather than being a very fresh unit. Especially if you found it on the buy and sell sites.

Hi,

Thanks for the input. How to determine if the mileage has been tampered? Which Civic is the best option and why?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

Thanks for the input. How to determine if the mileage has been tampered? Which Civic is the best option and why?
    You can only tell once you inspect the unit. If the car is more worn out than a 40,000 km car should be, it most probably was tampered.

Also doesn't hurt to ask the seller. Although chances are they'd lie through their teeth and tell you it wasnt tampered even if it was.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Still possible that it's not tampered, it's not ultra low. Hard to verify it, if not casa maintained.

Sold my car late last year with just over 50k on it, late 2010 acquired.

Just go for the Civic, agreed.

Pero if you can expand your choices, take a look at the Honda City/Vios. You might get a 2011-2012 model with those price range.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast