New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi guys please help. I have read so many threads that now I am confused. I am considering ford ranger, Mazda bt50, Isuzu dmax, Strada, hilux, foton thunda, and gwm haval h5(cheap). My requirements are: 1. Fuel consumption 2. 4x2 only 3. Wife drive able 4. A/t
    5. Cheapest maintainance cost. Help please. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    strada = wife drive able. ranger and bt-50 are too bulky and too macho for wife :D

cross out foton and great wall. it doesn't answer your requirement for cheapest maintenace cost

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    strada = wife drive able. ranger and bt-50 are too bulky and too macho for wife :D

cross out foton and great wall. it doesn't answer your requirement for cheapest maintenace cost
    Depending on the type of wife ,,, wifey was a bad ass navara driver ... And when we needed a newer car, naliliitan pa sa Montero ... Buti na lang naka bili na ako ng MS bago pa nya nakita yung BT50

But seriously, you're right ... If I want a lifestyle truck, strada, ranger and bt-50 are your best three choices ... Depende na lang sa specific requirements ...

If you need something smaller or mas rideable sa likod, Strada ..
    If you wanted something even bigger at macho dating ... Ranger
    If you need more toys ... BT-50

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ exception wife nyo sir, baka mas magaling pa sya magdrive sa average men. hehehe :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ exception wife nyo sir, baka mas magaling pa sya magdrive sa average men. hehehe :D
    Yup ... Nasanay na nga ako sa passenger seat he he he ... Though when it comes to parking, she's as bad as any other lady driver ...

There's a BT50 here in our condo and I've noticed, mas matinis ang engine note as compared sa ibang CRDi ...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Get the strada! Parang kotse and matulin din

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Lol. Thanks for the feedback guys. Today we went to mitsubishi and toyota dealers. The Mitsubishi dealer had no strada so she showed us the montero. She couldn't open the hood, a mechanic had to open the hood. After the hood got opened I saw cracks on the cylinder head cover. Maybe only paint is cracking I don't know. But i saw some dings on the engine block. Then we went to Toyota, they showed us the fortuner but they only had gas on display. The sa assured me they have stock with the new diesel engine. We also saw the hilux in their garage. Next week we go to ford and Mazda , but now my wife wants an suv instead of pickup. A month of research gone. Any suggestion?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ montero sir. sulit na sulit. non-vgt. or fortuner

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Wifey is just above 5 feet tall. The reason she prefer higher cars over a sedan and she could hardly reach the pedals.

Wifey prefer a pickup over an SUV because she can place anything on the pickup bed. Isda, gulay, pet supplies, detergent, bleach. Name it. You may not load these stuff inside an SUV. A pickup truck not washed for three months is still a pickup truck as long as the interior is neat. By the way she is driving a first gen D-max.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If that is the case, get the Montero Sport. Very much worth your money as compared to the Fortuner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which is the best suitable pickup truck for an average joe.