New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OT: Na-set na ba yung IRR ng anti-import law na yan? I'm considering buying an import down the road so it's kinda sad if I'd have to cross out that option.
    If it was imported brand new, there is absolutely no problem. They can't ban brand-new imports because two-thirds of brand-new car sales are imports.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    i figured, afaik it's at 2.2m isn't it?
    Yup... the MX5 is P2.2M new. Lots of other options these days. Or add a bit more and get the Lancer EX Ralliart. ;)

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Below 2M sproty car ang pinaka reasonable para sa karamihan ng pinoy at makatotohanan, unless you're into MLM

Mx5 is pretty but if it goes above 2M, parang medyo dadami na ang pwedeng i consider uli, gugulo lang ang isipan ng potential buyer.

So sa above choices pinaka basic at best bang FT86? Dealer bought, with warranty, its fun (the reason one buys these toys), its a toyota and its cheap.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 86 if you value racetrack handling and a sweet-shifting manual. For everything else, the Genesis Coupe is superior.

The Ralliart is quick, with a fantastic transmission, but the handling isn' t as good as the EVO. Heck, I like the handling of the Lancer 2.0 GT more, same chassis, same suspension tuning, same tires, much, much less weight. The only time the Ralliart's AWD comes into play is once you're around 5-7k rpm, and there's enough power going through the rear LSD to tighten the line in a corner.

Still... nice car. Much quicker (from 0 to 100 km/h) than the STI with the automatic and much more civil, to boot.

-

Again... Forester 2.0XT, anyone?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    In terms of "budget" sportcars Niky, ano yung nakakapantay sa 2.0XT?

I once drove my friend's 09 2.5XT and boy, ambilis! Pano pa kaya yung 2.0XT

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

drive an 05 manual xt, i think that's the fastest forester made except for the fxt sti ofcourse. the 05 xt is even faster than the 350z in a 1/4 mile race.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new Fozzie handles a lot better than the old one. Didn't really like the last gen... too soft and tall for the power. The new one feels more steady. Less body roll, sharper steering, Better roadholding.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Nothing, really. I guess a Sorento 2.2 with a stick is almost as much fun, if, ultimately, not as all-conquering.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nothing, really. I guess a Sorento 2.2 with a stick is almost as much fun, if, ultimately, not as all-conquering.
    Got me thinking about that Sorento.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sub 2 million peso? Well, assuming you can find one and can handle our government's distaste for B plates, I'd go for a used 2002+ facelifted NSX. Then gradually pile up the money for modifications.

Something sweet like this once done:

And if you don't want one but know a person who's selling one, I'm in the market for one so please contact me :naughty2:

EDIT: Among the choices, I'd go for the BRZ really. The 86's line was a pain in the ass before and seriously, they're literal brothers. I'd go meeny-meeny-miney-mo over them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast