The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Do you come here often?

Ay sori po... OT, wrong thread...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir hindi naman po brandnew ang hanap ko.... 2002 up lang limited budget kc...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Strada because of the power, large bed and cheap parts that are readily available (10% - 20% or so cheaper than nissan from a reputable auto supply dealer). Timing belt. TDIC. Smokey though.

Frontier is ok. Had one. Too bumpy for me though. Maybe the 4x4 rides different. The 3.2 is a guzzler.

Fuego has good fuel consumption but slow and noisy due to timing gears. Parts aren't as cheap as mitsubishi. Have 2 friends who own it and just max in the vicinity of 100kph. Smokey engine.

D-max is the best if you can get one below P500K these things go up to 170kph i heard.

Hilux. L type engines overheat. Weak cylinder head that warps over time.

Ranger is the tourquiest. Heard that they aren't fuel efficient though. Not sure if the parts are readily available in auto supplies too.

The looks are subjective.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir naka bili ka na sir pick up?

Im also looking for a pick up for our farm to replace my 11year old Isuzu, budget 600k, 2004 up model, auto tran...gusto ko sana D-max pero dont think kasya sa budget ko...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Matakaw sa diesel ang ranger, heard it's worse for the turbodiesel.

I guess a pre-owned 2.7 liter frontier would be the best bet. There's also the frontier bravado knocking on the 700k range.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    best option for any diesel vehicle in terms of efficiency and reliability in all aspects would be the isuzu's :thumbup:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    1999 to 2004 model ford ranger ay wlt engine from mazda. 9.5 to 10km/ltr ang fuel cons. highway at 6 to 8km/ltr city driving. i have mine before a 1999 model 4x2 ok naman sya , la pa na repair sa engine . under chasis lang maintenance namin dahil palagi offroad 3x a wk. mura lang orig. parts sa ford casa , wag mo lang doon pakabit at mahal labor. naka 225tkm ang ranger ko before selling it at 350t . pero 380t lang bili ko noon sa q.c yr 2003, 4 yrs old na sya ng makuha ko at 4 yrs ko rin ginamit bago ko benenta last july 2007 . ranger parin pinalit ko dahil very happy ako sa performance.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    best option for any diesel vehicle in terms of efficiency and reliability in all aspects would be the isuzu's :thumbup:
    This is not true. Diesel efficiency, reliability, and engine smoothness goes to TD27 frontier 4x2 among the choices na na mention.

If you want to feel like driving an old ELF truck or pampasaherong Jeep with 4ba1 engine, get the Isuzu Fuego and TFR pick ups.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir dong,
    if yuo want a pic up that would a last a lifetime with unsurpassed durability i recomend that yuo get the toyota hilux LN106..its a 95-97 model pic up with solid leaf spring suspension..its one of the last toyota pic up thats made in japan,,newer model pic ups of today are all made in thailand ..althoug its a bit outdated but its the toughest pic up on earth today,its been tested in the jungles of malaysia and the battlefields of middle east,,less maintenance and almost indistructable..for yuor budget..yuo can get it at around 300-400t put some suspension lift and larger tires,equipped it with traction aiding diffs and winch ,,it can take yuo anywhere..the newer pic ups of today cant come close the durability of the hilux LN106..ask any off-roader and yuoll get to know how to dress it up and also a head turner..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    sir dong,
    if yuo want a pic up that would a last a lifetime with unsurpassed durability i recomend that yuo get the toyota hilux LN106..its a 95-97 model pic up with solid leaf spring suspension..its one of the last toyota pic up thats made in japan,,newer model pic ups of today are all made in thailand ..althoug its a bit outdated but its the toughest pic up on earth today,its been tested in the jungles of malaysia and the battlefields of middle east,,less maintenance and almost indistructable..for yuor budget..yuo can get it at around 300-400t put some suspension lift and larger tires,equipped it with traction aiding diffs and winch ,,it can take yuo anywhere..the newer pic ups of today cant come close the durability of the hilux LN106..ask any off-roader and yuoll get to know how to dress it up and also a head turner..
    I guess this is the indestructible top gear hilux.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Best Pick-up?