New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Civic VTi or LXi are the most "sporting" cars in your range. A Mitsubishi GSR would fit, too, but it's not as nice-handling (pero maporma). Lynx GSi's offer good handling, but don't have the same "binata" image as the Civic, but I personally like them (siyempre, Ford boy).
    Sabagay sir, medyo yung nga nasa isip kong tignan (Honda VTI/LXi) , how about its fuel consumption sir?
    How about yung Honda City sir?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fuel economy of the VTi is above average compared to other 1.6 liter cars of the time.

The old Honda City? Nice little car... kinda cramped, but it's light and peppy. Steering isn't so good, though, and secondhand first generation City cars are very very expensive for such bare cars.

They're very reliable, since they're basically old Civics (EF, I think) with different bodies, but those bodies are kinda prone to rust, disappointing for cars from that time period. If you can find one with a good body, selling for 200k flat, okay, I guess, but for the 250-270k people are asking for it? No bloody way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    "The old Honda City? Nice little car... kinda cramped, but it's light and peppy. Steering isn't so good, though, and secondhand first generation City cars are very very expensive for such bare cars"

Ok sir, mejo may nakita lang ako sa ads na Honda city 2000 or 2001 model i think na mejo ok pero beyond my budget (250k) siguro i just considered the model pero ok lang if I settle yung mejo later model basta mejo ok sa fuel consumption,mejo bagay sa akin,and less maintenance,ngaun lang kasi ako mag-car, yung dati kong pick-up(LS 95) mejo less maintenance talaga.. I viewed from the other threads na ok ang ford lynx 2000+ model which is in my budget..What do you think sir?

TIA!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    get the 00TypeZ LXi or if you can the 00TypeZ 1.5EXi.

if you can get those variant there's another choice... the 01-02 TypeZ 1.3GL although stock doesnt have magwheels.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Lynx would cost more to maintain than a City, that's for sure. It's not the nightmare some people think it is (just set aside 3 to 5 thousand for the eventual sensor replacement for older Lynxes), but the City uses pretty old technology, and older usually equals cheaper... despite the fact that it's a Honda, and Honda parts often cost a little more than others.

Otherwise, the Lynx is another fun car to own. Good steering, great handling and sporty looks (depending on the year model). Sound insulation is so-so, and the cars ride stiffly (but they handle well). Fuel consumption is merely average, though, and don't get the AT... horrible fuel economy on that version, and it's not up to heavy duty use. I've heard/experienced to many bad things with old Mazda/Ford automatics... but then again, I've seen old Honda automatics that were total crap, too.

One upshot of the Lynx is that you can fit 18" magwheels with 205-35 tires it'll fit with some fender rolling... ...looks badass. Oh, of course 18" rims will ruin your fuel economy, ride and performance... but they look great!

Aside from my gripes about the City, I think the newer Type Z versions, with the revised tail-lights are nice-looking and fun cars, and if you don't have big relatives to drive around, it's just right for a single guy... it's just very hard to find one at a good price.

Magwheels? Bah... di na yan kailangan... just buy a secondhand set of ROTAs and some good tires (best get some quiet tires, the City has poor sound insulation), ayos na yun!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Best and cheapest car.