New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Problem is... good luck in getting Hyundai to sell it to you... I keep hearing it's for sale, but I've seen more Porsches on the road than Elantras...
    Why not be the first to have one... You'll surely have the "Eye-Catcher" factor on the road...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I know the highest end Honda Civic is more than P1M. But is it better than all the other choices within P1M?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    U'll pay in Cash ba? Get the Civic 1.8 S nice car sakto sa budget kasama na insurance and lto. If Ford kc more than 1M kasama na insurance dun, kahit may 50k less pa sya... FYI until Nov 30 lang yung 50k off ng Focus TCDi

Saka mas Ok sa family yung Civic mas malaki yung space IMO. kc sporty at compact ang Focus pang pesonal use sya IMO. I'm saying this coz kakabili ko lang din ng Focus Sports, maganda talaga ayos lang para sa akin, astig dalin kapag gigimik with friends

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    What's the best car that i can get with a budget of P1M. Family car. SUV/Sedan, whatever... basta not pickup...
    If it's a relatively small family (two kids), my vote will be for the Ford Focus 2.0L turbo-diesel.

It is pretty spacious inside, with enough legroom in the rear seats. Trunk is big enough for a weekend outing. Suspension is a bit sporty yet still have enough give to retain comfort even on rougher roads we have in the metro.

The real gem in this car is it's engine. Being a diesel engine, fueling up will not be as costly as with gasoline powered sedans. The engine has a lot of torque so only the lightest pressure on the accelerator pedal will get the car moving. From the inside, you can almost not tell it is a diesel under the hood since it's very quiet. The only time you can tell is during cold starts.

By the way, even if it is a diesel powered car, performance is not lacking. Floor the accelerator and you might think of racing the Civic SiR next to you.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Civic tagala panalo......ewan ko bakit parang nakakatakot bumili ng ford....

Sportage parang ok din.....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nakakatakot buying a Ford... what? A Ford gasoline SUV? A Ford diesel SUV? A Ford car?

Ford's current line-up is not all built by the same company.

Their Explorer and Expedition are built by Ford of America. They're much improved, but I wouldn't buy one... too much of a hassl.e

The Ranger and Everest are built in Asia. They're Mazdas underneath. Much better value for the money.

The Focus is engineered by Ford of Europe (in Germany). The engine is a Peugeot, and the chassis and suspension are shared with Mazda and Volvo. It is not related to any of the trucks in any way except that they are being sold by the same company.

It's like saying "di nakakatakot bumili ng Toyota" if you buy an Avanza, because it's a Toyota... without knowing that it's actually a Daihatsu underneath...

------

The Honda Civic is a great car... but the 1.8 is so good that the extra you pay for the 2.0 is wasted money, in my opinion. The 1.8 is almost as quick and so much more fuel efficient that it's the best buy in the Civic line-up. If you're going to buy the 2.0, get the manual, so you can enjoy the extra torque...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir Niky.....Doon sa Focus hindi ko alam yun.....thanks doon sa sinabi mo....

Pero yung mga expedtion and f150 talaga kakatakot bumili.....

Kasi ngayon parang mas maganda pa mga Hyundai kaysa Ford.....
    Last edited by suv; November 16th, 2007 at 05:11 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    IMO - I'll go with the Kia Carens CRDi or Ford Focus CRDi at this price range.

The former if you want a practical family hauler for 6 persons. The latter if you want a sporty sedan that can out accelerate a lot of vehicles here but still maintain a ridiculously good fuel consumption.
    I agree here... Carens or Ford focus... Can't go wrong with CRDi engine... Caren for a family car and the focus for a small family...

Good luck and let us know what your choice will be...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    for me, honda civic 1.8S

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nakakatakot buying a Ford... what? A Ford gasoline SUV? A Ford diesel SUV? A Ford car?

Ford's current line-up is not all built by the same company.

Their Explorer and Expedition are built by Ford of America. They're much improved, but I wouldn't buy one... too much of a hassl.e

The Ranger and Everest are built in Asia. They're Mazdas underneath. Much better value for the money.

The Focus is engineered by Ford of Europe (in Germany). The engine is a Peugeot, and the chassis and suspension are shared with Mazda and Volvo. It is not related to any of the trucks in any way except that they are being sold by the same company.

It's like saying "di nakakatakot bumili ng Toyota" if you buy an Avanza, because it's a Toyota... without knowing that it's actually a Daihatsu underneath...

------

The Honda Civic is a great car... but the 1.8 is so good that the extra you pay for the 2.0 is wasted money, in my opinion. The 1.8 is almost as quick and so much more fuel efficient that it's the best buy in the Civic line-up. If you're going to buy the 2.0, get the manual, so you can enjoy the extra torque...
    Yea i agree! bibili na sana ako ng civic 2.0 then i realized na over priced sya so mas ok bumili ng 1.8 but gusto ko ng sporty compact car kaya focus ang pinili ko for me, tama lang sya for single people, pero if my family na. I dont advice it, kc di sya ganong ka spacious compared to sedan cars. i guess if gusto mo tlaga ng sulit na car try mo ng mag civic 1.8s yan yung next sa top of the line. di ka magsisisi coz nanalo yang car of the year last year. Bumili ka muna ng car then kapag nakaipon na ulit saka ka nalang mag SUV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Best Car with a budget of P1M