New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    What's the best car that i can get with a budget of P1M. Family car. SUV/Sedan, whatever... basta not pickup...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Brand new dapat

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - I'll go with the Kia Carens CRDi or Ford Focus CRDi at this price range.

The former if you want a practical family hauler for 6 persons. The latter if you want a sporty sedan that can out accelerate a lot of vehicles here but still maintain a ridiculously good fuel consumption.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    What's the best car that i can get with a budget of P1M. Family car. SUV/Sedan, whatever... basta not pickup...
    Mazda 3 or Ford Focus siguro. pasok sa budget mo at ok naman din yung performance, ride etc..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hyundai tucson

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

The former if you want a practical family hauler for 6 persons. The latter if you want a sporty sedan that can out accelerate a lot of vehicles here but still maintain a ridiculously good fuel consumption.
    :clap1: same here...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

+2.... plus the hyundai tucson.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    You might also want to take a look at the 2007 Hyundai Elantra CRDi.

Fuel efficient yet very powerful engine coupled with a generous interior package (almost a luxury sedan) and a sunroof...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Problem is... good luck in getting Hyundai to sell it to you... I keep hearing it's for sale, but I've seen more Porsches on the road than Elantras...

My shortlist:

Ford Focus TDCi

Since Ford is currently having a 50,000 peso off promo, the Focus meets your criteria. It's one of the best performance bargains since the Honda SiR, and it's fuel efficient to boot. It's got a six speed manual (amongst non-luxury cars, only the Carens, CRV and Focus have this), terrific speed and good fuel economy (20+ on the highway, 13-16 in the city). It rides very comfortably and handles great. Plus it has good cargo space, since it's a hatchback. This is probably the ultimate long-distance driver (if you're the one driving)... look for mountains to drive on... it's fun in the mountains.

Honda Civic 1.8S

It may not feel as sporty as Civics of old, but it's much sportier than the outgoing Civic ES. The R18 is one of the best gasoline engines on the market today, and it's a good combination of power and fuel efficiency. The sweet gearshift/clutch combo and the light steering make this a great highway/traffic car.

Toyota Innova

I'm not a fan of the Innova, but I can't deny the inherent usefulness and refinement of the Innova. The diesel Innova is a generation ahead of your common AUV, while still maintaining the AUV's ladder-frame ruggedness and space. If you really need a big vehicle, the base-model diesel is a bargain.

Kia Carens CRDi

Lots of power, lots of space, a great alternative to the common car. The six speed is sweet, but I think the AT version (despite the lag) is a better choice (but the AT CRDi is just outside the budget). It's more comfortable than an Innova or a Crosswind, and it drives just like a car. Small compared to AUVs, but it's good for family use inside the city.

-----

Other possibilities include the:

Mazda 2.0R (but it's just outside budget) - probably the sharpest sedan available near 1m.

Hyundai Starex (way outside budget) - King of vans...

Honda Jazz 1.5 (low end of budget) - The fun car...
    Last edited by niky; November 14th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

alam ko for an additional 50 thousand on your 1M, you can take home a fully equiped carens CRDi- EX-AT

mar rear a/c vent ang carens on all trims, but di to dual a/c ha..-- wala rear a/c vent ang focus diesel ha...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; November 14th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Best Car with a budget of P1M