New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys need your opinions for the final decision for kumander's car..must be automatic, 1.8 to 2.0 liter displacement, spacious for a family of 4. fuel consumption(basta wag lang nalalayo sa 96 exsior)kumander's previous car..

After a week of car hunting it all boiled down to this 2 models for the final decision...note for some reason ayaw talaga ni esmi ng new altis

Same price range Civic 875k lancer 920K after discounts.
    transmission lancer has edge because of paddle shift (nagagamit ba talaga to?)
    Resale value civic daw as per my honda SA says lancer di pa natin alam pero dahil daw mitsubishi mababa nga daw..
    Looks: mas pogi talaga yung MX

As for me emotion tells me lancer..pogi eh but my practical side tells me na civic kasi nga subok na reputasyon at matagal na siya sa market 3 years na ata...

Pero pogi talaga ng Lancer

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    lancer. ang pogi

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know if the base Lancer has paddle shifts... I thought this was for the GT-A.

Personally... Lancer has better seats, more space, a more supple ride and similar handling. Only problem is the bigger body and engine will make it less fuel efficient.

Misis really don't like the Corolla? Shame. she should take a ride in the back seat of the new Corolla over a bumpy road... it's absolutely perfect.

Only downside with the Corolla is it's not as spacious as the competition (stupid front footwell), the steering is absolute bollocks, and the engines are outdated, but it's the most painless commuter out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^ Yes Niky base model MX has paddle shifts, but no spoilers and skirts, Rockford, rain sensing wipers and curtain airbags...

When it comes to FC di naman siguro malayo sa FC ng exsior considering newer technology tong lancer baka mas matipid pa?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the civic for the simple reason of it being honda.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yes, the base model of lancer is already equip with paddle shift, but not bucket seat like the GT-A also luck of this accessories from GT-A No side airbag (curtain), No knee airbag, Rear drum brake, No skirt and spoiler and No sorround rockford fosgate sound system,16" rim against 18" rim..

same problem with oliver1013 choosing form this 2 unit.. but one of the dealer give us an old price for GT-A P1.125M.. New price of GT-A is 1.198M less 10k.. same question the resale value of Mitsubishi... we never know? but all compact sedan sold in the phillipines only Mitsubishi Lancer EX are CBU Japan.. correct me if I'm wrong to this...and the other are CBU thailand, india and locally manufactured...so probably the resale value of this after 3 to 4 year are still ok...sana

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO i'll wait for the facelifted 1.8S ilang buwan na lang ito. totally new that i can keep even 10 or more years. may offer na 70K discount on selected civics palagay ko malapit na to.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ill take the civic for the simple reason of it being honda.
    Try driving the Lancer GT-A and let us see if you can say the same thing again.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Try driving the Lancer GT-A and let us see if you can say the same thing again.
    iba talaga .. also i read the c! magazine comparison of this 2 vehicle (2.0 Honda)... nagulat sila sa performance ng lancer..iba daw talaga...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    iba talaga .. also i read the c! magazine comparison of this 2 vehicle (2.0 Honda)... nagulat sila sa performance ng lancer..iba daw talaga...
    I had the good opportunity (along with Niky) to drive both cars Lancer GT and GT-A back to back (doing "chase-the-rabbit) on two lane back roads couple of weeks ago. Both are fun to drive but they also have different "manners" when driven hard.

The Lancer GT lets you drive more aggressively into and out the corners while the GT-A let you be more precise in handling and application of power, letting you shift down one or two gears at the flick of a finger (on the paddle shifts) while you are keeping the car on track going around a very tight chicane.

Interior is very nicely laid out. Seating is spacious and comfy for both front and rear passengers. Minor complaint would be the carbon fiber finish used for part of the dash to center console.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
08 Lancer 2.0 MX  or Civic 1.8S AT