New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    iba talaga .. also i read the c! magazine comparison of this 2 vehicle (2.0 Honda)... nagulat sila sa performance ng lancer..iba daw talaga...
    yes i suggest u test it drive for yourself. the new lancer + CVT might be the new eye candy now. but quite frankly i think i would hate it on long drives like going to Baguio/ Bikol / Ilocos..... why? its engine - tranny combo makes alot of noise, and the sound pretty much permeates the cabin with a high pitched whine that's not as melodious as big v8 or I6 of a BMW. what's up with that car --- too darn noisy!

or if u'll get the lancer . get the top-spec one with the RockFord Fosgate sound system to drown the noise with thumping sound. haha.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Love the rumble (even at low speeds) from the 2.0li of the lancer!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ill take the civic for the simple reason of it being honda.
    Funny, that's exactly the reason why I'll never choose the Civic. :bwahaha:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 22nd, 2008 at 06:56 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Take the civic, you can't hardly distinguish the current civic from the coming facelifted one, get the civic with discounts being offered now or get the facelifted one with probably a slight price increase. The lancer for me is not that attractive especially those old model galant shaped headlights .

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^ Hehe Gusto ko din talaga sana yun GTA, but si wifey ayaw daw niya magdala ng auto sa office na may spoiler

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Still driving my reliable but fun Civic SiR, pero with the current gen vs the Lancer, my vote will have to go sa Lancer. Pogi and mas maraming toys kesa sa Civic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mitsubishi lancer for me
    nadala na ako sa honda ang mahal ng parts and labor

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancer din..... ;)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I was able to drive both models, i'd say go for the Lancer. It's true that the engine is a bit noisy (misses, may not like it though) but the feel is really different and the handling is very nice.

Plus, the fact that this is just a new release, compared to the starting-to-age Civic, should really be a plus.

If you can shell out that extra 1OOk, go for the top of the line. Fully dressed Lancer is a real head-turner.

just my two cents.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    one good thing with the 2.0 lancer is the availability of m/t. if not for the auto priority of oliver's wife definitely the GT is winner for me. sarap pa hiram hiramin diba? CBU japan pa.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
08 Lancer 2.0 MX  or Civic 1.8S AT