New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Guys, I really need your advice and inputs. So we're still looking for our first brand new family car. We are a family of 7 (pero mostly 4 or 5 lang ang sakay), around 5'8" ang height and planning to buy an entry level family car, at least 7-seater. We are initially considering Avanza but we decided to take it out of the picture because of its looks and features. (Also considered the advices of some of the guys here).

Now, we are cureently choosing between the three: Mobilio, BRV, or Crosswind XT. What we like about the Mobilio is its looks and I think it has a pretty nice specs for its price. My problem is its height, medyo mababa sya. Kaya pumasok si BRV sa options. Then, for the Crosswind, my sister wants the crosswind for several reasons, ground clearance, can seat 10 people (we really want an Innova pero di kaya sa budget), and diesel engine. What I dont like about it is that it's an old model, which lacks safety features among others. So tell me, is my dislike for the crosswind valid?

Help us decide which car would best suit us. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The goal also is to have a car that would probable serve us at least 10 years. This is another reason why I dislike the crosswind. (I am thinking that because it's an old model, sobrang maluluma na sya, unlike the mobilio or brv)

PS: Hirap pala pumili ng sasakyan. Litong-lito na ako. hehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    Guys, I really need your advice and inputs. So we're still looking for our first brand new family car. We are a family of 7 (pero mostly 4 or 5 lang ang sakay), around 5'8" ang height and planning to buy an entry level family car, at least 7-seater. We are initially considering Avanza but we decided to take it out of the picture because of its looks and features. (Also considered the advices of some of the guys here).

Now, we are cureently choosing between the three: Mobilio, BRV, or Crosswind XT. What we like about the Mobilio is its looks and I think it has a pretty nice specs for its price. My problem is its height, medyo mababa sya. Kaya pumasok si BRV sa options. Then, for the Crosswind, my sister wants the crosswind for several reasons, ground clearance, can seat 10 people (we really want an Innova pero di kaya sa budget), and diesel engine. What I dont like about it is that it's an old model, which lacks safety features among others. So tell me, is my dislike for the crosswind valid?

Help us decide which car would best suit us. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The goal also is to have a car that would probable serve us at least 10 years. This is another reason why I dislike the crosswind. (I am thinking that because it's an old model, sobrang maluluma na sya, unlike the mobilio or brv)

PS: Hirap pala pumili ng sasakyan. Litong-lito na ako. hehe
    How about a 2nd hand Innova? I see 2015 Innovas in the less than 1M range over at OLX. May 1-2 years of warranty pa yun assuming may service records yung kotse.

Any of the three choices will probably serve you well for 10 years. Important lang yung maintenance...

That said, the Crosswind is already a 20 year old vehicle at this point... halos 30 na nga ata if you consider mechanical similarities to the 1990s Highlander.

If you value ride quality, hindi masyadong okay yung crosswind, but it IS a good workhorse.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    How about a 2nd hand Innova? I see 2015 Innovas in the less than 1M range over at OLX. May 1-2 years of warranty pa yun assuming may service records yung kotse.

Any of the three choices will probably serve you well for 10 years. Important lang yung maintenance...

That said, the Crosswind is already a 20 year old vehicle at this point... halos 30 na nga ata if you consider mechanical similarities to the 1990s Highlander.

If you value ride quality, hindi masyadong okay yung crosswind, but it IS a good workhorse.
    We already eliminated the second hand option because our first car was a second hand corona, ages ago. Thank you for your input, I rally appreciate it.

By the way, what do you mean by ride quality?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    We already eliminated the second hand option because our first car was a second hand corona, ages ago. Thank you for your input, I rally appreciate it.

Well you cannot compare your 2nd hand corona ages ago compared to a 2nd hand innova today. Those are the times that when you say you bought a "second hand car" it almost equates to "bulok"... but times have changed.

I'd choose a 2nd hand 2015 innova diesel well maintained and in good condition than a brandnew mobilio. Reliability and brand speaks for itself. My cousin bought a mobilio and in a few weeks went back to casa due to busted AC.

Be warned that euro 2 engine like adventure and crosswind will be phased out next year

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Innova talaga sana ang perfect for you. Too old na ang crosswind. +1 sa 1 or 2 yrs old innova

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Among the 3 choices...

I'm voting for the Crosswind... I think the top of the line should have a 7 seat configuration... I really hate the side facing 3rd row seats...

Mobilio and BRV are great cars, but the Crosswind is just so old I don't expect anything to go wrong...

Don't worry about it getting old... Mobilio was face-lifted... The BRV will also get an update soon... Making first gen models look old... Then an all new model will arrive...

Crosswind... You're looking at the last model. They will stop selling it on Dec 31!

Test drive all 3 with 4-5 passengers... Mobilio will drive like a car... BRV revs high... Crosswind will feel bouncy, engine will be brutal, but there's a weird feeling with a loaded AUV... And that weird feeling is why I'm voting for it

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Innova talaga sana ang perfect for you. Too old na ang crosswind. +1 sa 1 or 2 yrs old innova

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Pwede ba sa bank car loan ang second hand cars?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    brv fits the bill. just do the every 2yr cvt fluid change. itll last just fine. of course wear and tear items like shocks and bushings..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Among the 3 choices...

I'm voting for the Crosswind... I think the top of the line should have a 7 seat configuration... I really hate the side facing 3rd row seats...

Mobilio and BRV are great cars, but the Crosswind is just so old I don't expect anything to go wrong...

Don't worry about it getting old... Mobilio was face-lifted... The BRV will also get an update soon... Making first gen models look old... Then an all new model will arrive...

Crosswind... You're looking at the last model. They will stop selling it on Dec 31!

Test drive all 3 with 4-5 passengers... Mobilio will drive like a car... BRV revs high... Crosswind will feel bouncy, engine will be brutal, but there's a weird feeling with a loaded AUV... And that weird feeling is why I'm voting for it

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app
    ohh nice perspective. Will do that this week para makatulong sa decision. Sadly, the Sportivo is beyond the budget. Hanggang XT lang ang kaya (3rd row side facing, 10-seater).

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009

At the time you could find the Corona 2nd hand, vehicle quality sucked to the point that a 2-3 year old car had teething problems na... Today, we have a 14 year old Camry (which, incidentally was the model that replaced the Corona) going strong pa.

Ride quality as in how well the car rides on the road and how comfortable it is for the occupants. Do a test drive around the block between the Crosswind, Innova, and BRV/Mobilio and the Crosswind will easily be the odd man out. My parents who owned the first box type Pajero back in the 80s and were fine with it, nasuka sa ride ng Crosswind...

Pwede ba sa bank car loan and second hand cars?
    Yes. Most banks allow 2nd hand cars as long as under 3-5 years old.

Other things to consider going against the Crosswind - Favorite ng ABSU (Anti Smoke Belching Unit) for pa-merienda, along with the L300 and Adventure.
    Last edited by mda; November 12th, 2017 at 09:40 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast