New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    MS 3rd row seat is so nice much more when folded :2thumbsup: fold them all and you will see the difference....it's a must see to appreciate.
    +1. better ang likod ng MS pag folded ang seats.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    [QUOTE=JPG111;1296520]Toyota has just introduced a new D4D engine for the hilux, the 2.5 diesel 2KD VN Turbo with 144 Hp & 343nm * 1,600-2,800rpm..

I expect toyota to have this engine as a replacement to their underpowered 2.5 diesel engines found on the hilux, fortuner, innova & Grandia with just 102 Hp.. The new engine would fairly compete with the 2.5 diesel engines of Ford, Mitsubishi & Nissan..

Toyota 2.5 D4D VN turbo
    - 144 Hp * 3,400 rpm
    - 343nm * 1,600-2,800 rpm

true ba ito? san nakalagay? sa hilux? sa fortuner? if true good news. though scary lang talaga yung "choking problem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The Prado and Pajero are no longer ladder frames?? Are you sure??
    Quote Originally Posted by scramshaft View Post
    yassum!

they are both now monocoque (hope i spelled that right)

they did it to get a better safety rating from US Insurance companies
    since ladder frames are more prone to turn over in high speed driving
    Pajero is now a unibody monocoque, but the Prado is still using a ladder frame chassis...

Toyota is sticking to frame chassis to its Land Cruiser line-ups, i don't know but i think it's for off-roading purposes to have more rigid body...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    +1 on New Montero Sports

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    kung off-roading din lang ang reason to buy these suv's. u should know the facts, Philippine rural roads are almost paved anyway since yan ang favorite project ng mga local officials. laki kita dyan. 10 years from now, baka pati baku-baku face ng mga constituents nila eh pakinisin na din

that's why i dont even bother to look at these ladder frame suvs and pickups anymore.

but among those choices, i'll choose the montero sport. not bec. it's the newest pero it's a mitsu eh. mitsu territory kaya yan ladder frame cars.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Battle of the SUV's