New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for all your input guys.

Got to test drive the XV. I likey...

Medyo nakakainis Toyota- no test drive, not even a display unit in the 3 dealers I visited. Most I managed was to peek into a heavily tinted sold unit that was awaiting release.

Tapos kelangan pa in-house financing, which is more expensive than straight bank loan. Yung 1 kelangan pa dagdag P100k or so worth accessories. BS! Let's see if the 3d is more reasonable.

I think it'll all boil down to financing options. Let's see!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by senoritoblx View Post
    Thanks for all your input guys.

Got to test drive the XV. I likey...

Medyo nakakainis Toyota- no test drive, not even a display unit in the 3 dealers I visited. Most I managed was to peek into a heavily tinted sold unit that was awaiting release.

Tapos kelangan pa in-house financing, which is more expensive than straight bank loan. Yung 1 kelangan pa dagdag P100k or so worth accessories. BS! Let's see if the 3d is more reasonable.

I think it'll all boil down to financing options. Let's see!
    Taga ang in-house financing. If that's how Toyota conducts its business now, price gauging, then we should stop patronizing their brand. Lumaki yata ulo ng Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post
    Taga ang in-house financing. If that's how Toyota conducts its business now, price gauging, then we should stop patronizing their brand. Lumaki yata ulo ng Toyota.
    You don't have to bear with in-house financing. Talk to any bank, they can do the financing with any car make/brand.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Id choose the RAv4 bec of the wider + higher ground clearance combo over the XV.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fitdrive View Post
    Id choose the RAv4 bec of the wider + higher ground clearance combo over the XV.
    I'm pretty sure the XV has more ground clearance. 176mm for the Rav4 and 220mm for the XV, which is the same as the Forester's.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Why not the Forester?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the XV has more ground clearance. 176mm for the Rav4 and 220mm for the XV, which is the same as the Forester's.
    +1 on ground clearance

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    +1 on ground clearance
    mag off road ka ba? pag bumabaha na ba e ilulusong mo ang SUV mo?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Negative sa off-road. Minor baha siguro lusong ako. I believe XV has higher ground clearance. Plus air intake is mounted just under the hood level.

Thanks for all the inputs. Made my choice na...

XV wins! Not too big, not too small, juuuust right.

Cheaper list price, in-house financing not required, plus test drive sealed the deal for me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Heto na sya!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Base Model Subaru XV vs Base Model RAV4