New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Matrix at Avanza ayos talaga as taxis. ang daming kasya.

yung alto pang boyfriend-girlfriend lang :handinhand:
    wahahaha. pwede pa naman magsakay ng dalawa sa likod. (friends ng girlfriend mo hehe).

I know an operator, kumuha ng bunch of Alto's as taxi, forgot the taxi operator though.. Pero wala pa ring tatalo sa Vios pagdating sa taxi hehe. Unang labas ng Gen2 Vios, may taxi na rin kaagad na Gen2 Vios.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I also saw several Aveo hatches and Getz used as taxi pero mas rare...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    aside from the trunk space/LPG installation argument, i think most people don't find the smaller taxies comfortable to ride in.

marami ring taxi na sentra GX, though i'm not so sure why. Space could have been a consideration, although tingin ko either na head-fake sila sa "1.3L engines mas matipid" mentality, or the price/financing terms.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Jazz would make a good taxi hahaha kasi sobrang versatile talo pa mga sedans...

The Yaris too would make a good taxi (sans the small luggage space) cause its back seat can be reclined and is very comfortable and spacious.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    You can't fit a washing machine on the rear of a Getz or Picanto...even if the driver's stupid enough.

Pretty easy to do with the traditional bigbody Corolla and some old-fashioned Pinoy ingenuity/stupidity.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The Jazz would make a good taxi hahaha kasi sobrang versatile talo pa mga sedans...

The Yaris too would make a good taxi (sans the small luggage space) cause its back seat can be reclined and is very comfortable and spacious.
    sa ibang bansa mga E class at Camry ang mga taxi! yeah!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    You can't fit a washing machine on the rear of a Getz
    Washing machine lang? I already did that, folded rear seats of course.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yes. But the jazz is too expensive. Stretch a lil' more then you can get an Altis E.

And ... it's a honda. Knowing them ... they won't allow operators to make their vehicles as a taxi.

Could be. But still expensive tho'. The Vios and the Sentra would still be a better choice. Even the Accent.

Anyways ... that should answer the TS' question.

Hatches have small space for luggage ... luggage space could be eaten up by the LPG tank.

Usually expensive.

Seats less.

People thinks it's unsafe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Washing machine lang? I already did that, folded rear seats of course.
    Not on a taxi with 6 on board (kandungan).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Marami akong nakitang Picanto at Getz. But seriously a good taxi and one that would get hired should the passenger have a choice would be a Nissan Sentra, a Toyota Avanza or a Hyundai Accent. I mean why settle for a small taxi which could get tight when you can ride comfortably in a bigger new taxi?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bakit wala/bihira ang new model hatch cars na taxi dito sa atin?