New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I could only remember the Kia Pride CD-5 and the Fiat Uno as hatch taxis, but that was way back the 1990s. I think I saw a Getz and a Spark once, but I'm not sure if they're taxis or just another Coca-Cola or Pepsi service car.

Do you think subcompact hatches like the Picanto, Getz, i10, Spark, QQ, Alto and Aveo could be best-sellers as taxi units?

I think those are good hatches with good realibility and fuel economy, so considering the robust quality, why not (or why not to0 many taxi operators) make them taxis diba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hatchbacks have less trunk space. Meaning it is less flexible in terms of use.

Having a cab with a larger trunk means you can have an auto-lpg tank installed there and still have space for your passenger's cargo/stuff.

It is also that smaller cars have less robust suspension and other mechanical parts. So buying a car for taxi use (for the next 10 years or so) is also an economic choice, that buying a slightly bigger car (like a corolla or sentra) would mean it would last longer with less repairs/maintenance needed.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 22nd, 2009 at 09:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I've seen picanto and alto taxis.

These cars can fit less passengers, and even less baggage than the sedans

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hatchbacks have less trunk space. Meaning it is less flexible in terms of use.

Having a cab with a larger trunk means you can have an auto-lpg tank installed there and still have space for your passenger's cargo/stuff.

It is also that smaller cars have less robust suspension and other mechanical parts. So buying a car for taxi use (for the next 10 years or so) is also an economic choice, that buying a slightly bigger car (like a corolla or sentra) would mean it would last longer with less repairs/maintenance needed.
    Could go either way. Know a guy who sold one Corolla taxi for three Prides. Whenever something broke, at least one or two units were up and running, and the cost of spares, even considering there were three units, were less than for the Corolla... of course... since the Pride shocks had to be replaced more often, he needed lots of them. :lol: friends with privately owned Prides had no issues, but Pride taxi suspesnsions didn't last very long)

But the boundary was much better with multiple units... it'll differ for every operator, though. A C-segment sedan really is the best bet for a taxi locally... and if you buy brand new, you can get C-segment Sentras for close to the price of B-segment Vioses and Korean hatches.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

there are qq, aveo taxis..heck as i know may carens din!

for me hatches are expensive than saloons(sedans) plus the limited trunk space..

sa abroad kasi, pag nagtaxi ka, alam ko may extrang bayad ang mga gamit sa trunk aside sa inyo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Nice to know na mero din palang QQ, Aveo, Picanto at Alto and even Carens na taxi units...

So I guess it's the reliability, suspension stiffness and trunk space that come into picture and most (sub)/compact sedans, especially the vios, accent and sentra, get the sales...

I could remember once seeing a Hyundai Matrix taxi, or was it an airport taxi? .. Not sure, pero I think that's one practical choice ...

I once thought Chevys here can't be used as taxis, like Hondas.
    Nice to know there are Aveo cabs out here.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    only thing I like about taxi in Phil. is they are mostly using natural gas I like that but man when they say AC they need to make sure its real AC one taxi I been was hotter inside than out side

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Nice to know na mero din palang QQ, Aveo, Picanto at Alto and even Carens na taxi units...

So I guess it's the reliability, suspension stiffness and trunk space that come into picture and most (sub)/compact sedans, especially the vios, accent and sentra, get the sales...

I could remember once seeing a Hyundai Matrix taxi, or was it an airport taxi? .. Not sure, pero I think that's one practical choice ...

I once thought Chevys here can't be used as taxis, like Hondas.
    Nice to know there are Aveo cabs out here.
    Matrix at Avanza ayos talaga as taxis. ang daming kasya.

yung alto pang boyfriend-girlfriend lang :handinhand:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    only thing I like about taxi in Phil. is they are mostly using natural gas I like that but man when they say AC they need to make sure its real AC one taxi I been was hotter inside than out side
    but ang daming taxi na amoy na amoy yung LPG sa loob.

nakakasuka. It can't be good for the health, especially for those taxi drivers

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kapag medyo malayo ang pupuntahan, minsan nakakakuwentuhan ko ang taxi driver. Isa lang ang reklamo nila, ang sakit na daw sa baga nung LPG. Kaya kung may option lang daw sila, magagaso na lang sila. Okay na yung hindi nakatipid, atleast healthy ... kaysa sa nakatipid nga, pero yung tinipid gagamitin pangospital. - They have a point.

Ibang LPG kasi, di converted properly. Di kagaya sa mga private cars, na maayos ang pagkakaconvert ( sir GH & sir Mile2 ata naka LPG )

Anyways, on topic ...

Hatches are usually expensive and has limited space compared to the cheaper subcompacts ( READ : vios and sentra )

They can't bring passengers to or from airports, kasi usually ... hindi kasya.

They can't bring passengers na more than 4. Sa mga ibang taxi, kahit siksikan kasya. But here? I don't think so.

And, if it were converted pa into LPG. Wala na talagang space for luggage. Malulugi lang company mo kasi usually 3-4pax lang kasya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bakit wala/bihira ang new model hatch cars na taxi dito sa atin?