New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    kasi im thinking the civics have sedans, coupes and hatches.:D
    And to my surprise, it also has wagons..
    I think the one below looks like the EF chassis...

And of course, the classic Del Sol targa top...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    pardon my ignorance but are these not classified as coupes? kasi im thinking the civics have sedans, coupes and hatches. those above look like coupes :D
    No they are classified as hatch, if you need to access the trunk by lifting the rear glass thats a hatch. Actually in US & Euro they call them 3 door hatch don't know why they call the hatch as a door, you don't really go thru it to go inside but yeah they call it a 3 door hatch.

Coupes are 2 doors with a regular trunk, sample are below.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    No they are classified as hatch, if you need to access the trunk by lifting the rear glass thats a hatch. Actually in US & Euro they call them 3 door hatch don't know why they call the hatch as a door, you don't really go thru it to go inside but yeah they call it a 3 door hatch.
    So is it safe to say liftbacks and station wagons are hatch cars as well?

Well kasi pag wagons na ang usapan, I think hindi na yun ma-appeal sa chicks. I even remember my friend (girl) disliking the Esteem Wagon's appearance very much. And the avant models of Audi, Benz and BMW don't appeal to them very much despite the German emblems.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    So is it safe to say liftbacks and station wagons are hatch cars as well?

Well kasi pag wagons na ang usapan, I think hindi na yun ma-appeal sa chicks. I even remember my friend (girl) disliking the Esteem Wagon's appearance very much. And the avant models of Audi, Benz and BMW don't appeal to them very much despite the German emblems.
    If you say station wagon its the over all longer length of the car & 4 door w/ the hatch back of the car, why its not appealing maybe cuz, of its stretch look and we know them as a old parents grocery getter. here are some wagons wish they didn't do.

Mitsubishi evo wagon

Subaru WRX wagon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Bakit nga ba malakas ang dating ng mga hatch cars sa chicks?