New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the valuable input guys. Keep them coming. I thought that they'd be using the pickup for his girlfriend's business but an suv would also do well if not better.

*Jut and jetrc, how's your rangers? The new everest looks nice but the current issues ford's having isn't enticing

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Mine's still running pretty well altho it's still a relatively young unit i've only done 3,600+ kms on it and it's still 3 months old. I think reliability for the current model really depends on luck if i'm honest, most units don't have any problems while others aren't so lucky. If you're concerned with reliability you're better off getting a Hilux or D-Max which have proven engines. But otherwise the Ranger is the superior truck in terms of features, handling and looks.

The new Everest and the facelifted Ranger would probably fix the issues found in the current ones, like i said earlier.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd recommend the Hilux or the New Navara. Still, i'd prefer the Hilux overall.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    When i was a bachelor i usually pick up the easy girls. Usually drinks and smokes hehe. Joking aside Japanese all the way. Toyota or nissan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    hmm. . .bachelor. . .mahirap i-maneuver ang pick-up sa mga garahe ng biglang liko. . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hmm. . .bachelor. . .mahirap i-maneuver ang pick-up sa mga garahe ng biglang liko. . .

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post

lalo na kung yung sa may las pinas ang pupuntahan mo, grabe ang garahe dun.

Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post

lalo na kung yung sa may las pinas ang pupuntahan mo, grabe ang garahe dun.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sagad ang pickup sa loob ng garage motel. Dmax ko dikit yung bumper sa gate. Di ko ng ini start agad baka ma gasgas. Si mrs pala kasama ko. Para ma iba lng ambiance. ;)
    Kung pang urban use na pickup siguro mga Strada pero Hilux and Rangers mas maganda sa suburbs or bussiness use.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Isuzu d-max
    and suggestion ko, it's is tested na
    and si Pope pa mismo ang may gusto

Navarra
    I don;t like the coil spring suspension
    but it's cargo bed is big and its engine figures is nice

If I'm in his shoes I rather get a CUV

The Isuzu d-max
    and suggestion ko, it's is tested na
    and si Pope pa mismo ang may gusto

Navarra
    I don;t like the coil spring suspension
    but it's cargo bed is big and its engine figures is nice

If I'm in his shoes I rather get a CUV

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If all he wants is a reliable workhorse, I'd suggest the Hilux. Get the 3.0M/T and you've got a ride that'll last you a lifetime. This model is already ten years old, which is a good thing since all problems have already been ironed out.

If you want something newer yet still with no maintenance problems, there's the Strada. I do hope they've improved the turbo lag (lifeless below 2k rpm despite VGT), and also that aftermarket grilles would be available soon. Despite many complaining about black smoke, ours has none. We load up with either Unioil or Seaoil diesel, whichever is more convenient.

Still, if you're not gonna maximize the bed, its not worth the hassle. You'd have to spend extra for either a sliding bed cover or a canopy (our Carryboy canopy cost 67k!). An SUV with 2nd and 3rd row seats up will free up enough space to trump the length of a pickup bed

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Kapag pickup, ang macho kasi ng dating. I also wanted one. Yun lang talaga the misis hates it. I seriously considered getting a pickup too. My choices back then was the new DMax LS AT and the Ranger Wildtrack 2.2. I liked the Ranger because it was ***y but was kinda wary of the reliability problems it had. The Dmax seemed like a safe choice for me and the advantage it has over the Ranger was it's larger interior space. It also got a more premium feel for me, with the power seats, leather seating and all. I really almost got the Dmax, yun lang talaga I never got an approval from the misis on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast