New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    since Murano is being offered by Nissan Philippines and Motor Image is planning to bring their B9 TriBeCa, dont know about Mazda philippines regarding their CX7 landing in Philippines market, though some importers are selling CX7. If you have 2.5-3M petot extra in your wallet what will you buy?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Murano.

B9 underpowered, CX7 gas guzzler, Murano just right.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    murano din... and you're absolutely right about the B9 being underpowered and i'm not feeling the CX7 at all.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    plus the transmission on the B9 leaves much to be desired. it downshifts SLOOOWLYY, in gear 5 the engine really feels weak can't even maintain the speed of the vehicle if ever there's a slight increase in road grade. I think it boils down to the engine having a low torque, yes its has 245 hp but torque is low at 215 for a vehicle this big. Gas consumption probably 16MPG.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Murano, likely. CVT, wonderful engine. But I'm also a Mazda fan... if the CX7 were available in MT, maybe, but if it still has that sluggish tranny... nah.

RE: Fuel economy... it's the 2WD Murano that supposedly has good economy, the AWD has similar economy to the CX7 AWD.

And the Mazdaspeed6 also gets a low EPA rating, with the same engine, but owners are getting better mileage than the EPA estimates. (30 and above on the highway.) This may be one of those engine/drivetrains that doesn't benefit from the EPA's test cycle, but which actually returns good real world consumption.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Murano na ako

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Murano... next CX7. actually i like the CX7 but i dont like four bangers especially with cars that big. ;)

Murano has 3.5L V6 + CVT = FUN!

B9vsCX7vsMURANO