New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yaris FTW. 100K difference between Yaris and Jazz, you can spend 50k for a OEM plastic body kits, and jdm rear tail lights to look like this. May sukli ka pa.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mas ok ang Swift..

The Yaris and Vios feels cheap..City?What's with that WEAK engine and aircon??

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The yaris haven't changed really. Just the exterior and you wouldn't see it if you don't really look closer.
    after all its only a facelift

among other things you get a new set of mag wheels, side mirror turn signals, leather steering wheel with audio controls and front underseat tray
    Last edited by tsupermario; December 20th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yaris has 30k discount this month....nothing beats that best bang for the buck!!! among the fl changes is the more sleeker grill...

Last edited by saipeme; December 20th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Meron issue yung C! magazine comparing Jazz, Yaris at Swift. Sa Maintenance ang pinaka mura is yung Jazz dahil sa 10,000 kms service interval niya. Sa space naman Jazz ang winner. Wala bang ilalabas ang toyota na 2nd gen Yaris? Luma na kasi yung yaris and katapat nya eh yung 1st gen jazz pa
    Last edited by jmpet626; December 20th, 2009 at 07:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Service interval can be done by filling it up with fully synth oil extending the pms from 5000 km to 10000 km. In terms of space, Jazz will win among the hatchbacks.

Yaris is not really an old vehicle. Remember that Jazz was here for years before Toyota introduced the Yaris. The Echo on the other hand was way ahead of its time (before gas price jacked up) so buyers are flocking to corollas and civics.

Still, the best bang for the buck is the Yaris and with 30k off the SRP, the MT will be below 700k already. Depending on your negotiation skills, you can have it cheaper.

Hondas on the other hand don't offer such discounts. Doing the math, Jazz will be 130k more expensive than the facelifted Yaris. If the Honda Jazz will be offered in between 720k - 740k for their 1.5L, I'll say Honda Jazz straight up.

As of the moment, no 2nd gen Yaris is in sight. Maybe it will be introduced by Toyota in the middle of the shell life of the 2nd Gen Honda Jazz.
    Last edited by nurse_corrupted; December 20th, 2009 at 10:08 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    toyota vios para mura maintenance and mura spare parts.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just for the hell, I wanted to know how a Yaris feels so I asked my friend who works in Toyota to let me test drive and keep a yaris S (sport package) for 2 days and this is my impression. I think its a O.K car, head room was good even at the back seats, leg room on front was O.K but the back seat ... love the cup holders Ill give Toyota engineers B- for creative locations ... Performance, I gave the 1.5 liter 106bhp a work out taking it to my usually runs, rev was weak don't even feel anything really moving till 5,000rpm, but sadly I didn't see why they called this S (sport) nothing is sporty about it at all.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    Just for the hell, I wanted to know how a Yaris feels so I asked my friend who works in Toyota to let me test drive and keep a yaris S (sport package) for 2 days and this is my impression. I think its a O.K car, head room was good even at the back seats, leg room on front was O.K but the back seat ... love the cup holders Ill give Toyota engineers B- for creative locations ... Performance, I gave the 1.5 liter 106bhp a work out taking it to my usually runs, rev was weak don't even feel anything really moving till 5,000rpm, but sadly I didn't see why they called this S (sport) nothing is sporty about it at all.

So far it seems that the Yaris is the best deal of the bunch...not necessarily the best car, but the best deal. Unfortunately the Yaris has no S version here, unlike the Vios. The S version looks good. Sure, performance may not be a strong suit, but it's still good value.

The problem with Honda, is, well, it's Honda. Cost no object it produces the best B, C, and perhaps D and crossover segment vehicles. But it's starting to price itself out of competition. 100+ K difference between Jazz and Yaris/Swift? 50K difference between Vios and City? Sure, it may deserve the premium...but when every peso counts....

Honda reminds me of Sony in the old days. When you bought a TV a decade or so ago it had to be a Sony Trinitron. When you wanted a personal stereo a decade ago you bought a Walkman. Then Sony priced itself way above the competition, slowed down it's innovation, or tried to force it's own standards which nobody really adopted (Beta lost to VHS, the DAT and MD never caught on, and its proprietary ATRAC format lost overwhelmingly to the common MP3 format).

Nowadays almost everyone buys Samsung LCD TVs and Apple iPods.

Honda is basically doing a Sony by not offering a manual version of it's 1.5 City/Jazz, or even its 2.0 Civic, when there's a clear demand for it. If you're like me and you prefer to shift your own gears (or if you're like me as well, and a cheapskate when it comes to filling up with gas), a manual is your only choice.

To be fair, it may not be Honda itself, but Honda Philippines which may be the culprit. It seems bent in turning the brand into an upscale gentleman's car/family car rather than the boy-racer hot rod/hot hatch it's known to be elsewhere in the world. This is what gave the 90s ESi, SiR, City Type Z, it's mark. Nowadays, everywhere else except here, Honda sells Type R Civics, Fits, and Accords. Go figure.

Just my two cents worth. Don't mind me, truth is, I love Hondas. I just hate their price.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    toyota vios para mura maintenance and mura spare parts.
    Pag fake na parts eh mura talaga yan..Di na totoo na mura ang maintenance ng Toyota vehicles..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
B-Segment Comparison Vios vs Yaris vs City vs Jazz vs Swift