New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo
    Call this # 0920 928 0397.

Ask for Mr. Vic Garcia.

His place is located along Taft Ave. Between Buendia and Vito Cruz.
    It is red and has an automatic instead of 4 speed.

The car is in very good condition.
    Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yeah be pracitcal ...... pero if gusto mo tlaga ...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    get know first the engine before buying a hot car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much is your working budget?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OT: Hehe may nauna na sa 240Z ... ok yan 2nd car or project car...

But as they say, first car? First year college? You need a reliable car that won't break down on you when you're on a date with a hot chic. Budget muna bro then we can give suggestions.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree ako sa kanila, hindi pang-first car ang RX-7. Lalo na't luma pa.

Ako halos sumuko sa lumang Mercedes dati. Nagshift pa ko sa brand new Kia for a while.

Mahirap paghaluin ang pag-aaral at pagmemekaniko. Takaw oras. Hassle pang matirikan kung may exam or important activity. Kung bibili ka ng 2nd hand, huwag naman yung masyadong matanda or masyadong complicated to work on.

Pero kung hasa na ang skills mo, time to move on to the bigger projects. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agreed, pang project car lang ang RX-7 at 240Z. You'll feel good when they're running, but most of the time, you'll be scouring auto stores and the internet for parts. Actually, for most anything you can need for these two cars, you will have to look overseas.

The 240Z has a very good and reliable engine, but you will have to order many of the parts from enthusiasts and suppliers abroad. The older RX-7s, first and second gen, are actually kind of reliable. You won't have to overhaul them every time you change your oil... :lol: ...it's the last generation twin turbos that have all the problems. And those are just too expensive, anyway.

But using an old 240Z or a first generation RX-7 as a daily driver and a first car? Hell, no... pawis steering, heavy clutch (the old RX7 has a clutch like a pile of bricks), hot interior and merely acceptable acceleration and speed (both are merely as quick as an RS, kung SiR ang kaharap mo, peace out! :lol: )... and you'll drive it to school?

Better to spend your money on a commuter car or a newer sports car. If you really want to own an RX-7, buy it only after you've budgeted for a daily car. You will be spending a lot of time under the hood fixing things... but when it runs, it'll be wonderful... just don't commute with it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hirap ng maintenance ng rx7 bosing. bat di ka na lang mga 240sx? rwd din naman yun e tapos lagyan mo na lang ng TT para bumilis kung yun ang gusto mo. o kaya e mag EVO ka na lang.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahal din ang maintenance ng lumang Evo. If you can find a 240SX here, that's not bad, you can use Cefiro GTSR parts (same engine) for some things, but even those are hard to source (cousin brought his 240SX in before).

For a college student, the best bet is really an economy car. But if you really feel the need for speed, mag SiR ka nalang or B16-swapped hatch. There are some niggles with engine-swapped hatches, but they're very very easy to fix.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hey guys,i do actually have the same problems as the thread starter. im planning 2 get a car this year and my choices are s2000,integra dc5,celica GT,nissan s15 and benz slk 230..im just new 2 d forums,so im reeeeeaaalllyy noob at navigating the forums,hopefully i can find this thread again 2 c ur suggestions and advice.or just pm me.

just wana know which of the models are the least hassle,least expensive 2 maintain and to keep in possession(gas,maintenance,parts,etc.) im so interested in those models so i want 2 narrow it up.thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
B> Mazda Rx-7