New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ive already given up on owing an Rx7 coz of super high price..
    Hopfully i could find a good ride wid this car.. Is it a good buy?
    my budget is around P200.000 .. nid advice regarding my
    plans.. thnk you in advance..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, astinas cost around 110-130 na lang these days. with your budget, you can get a familia glxi. may sobra ka pa pampagawa o pang accessorize.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I just sold my astina, maganda nga ang porma but thats all...

all power and everything plus malaki din cargo space but napaka mahal ng maintenace and parts are hard to find.

the pop-up lights are very troublesome when it starts to fail.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    astina's can still fetch a price as high as 150k. as for parts, there are a lot of surplus parts along evangelista and banawe and OE parts are still available at some Kia service centers. 200 is more than enough for a pre-owned unit and some minor repairs if needed.

some things to look out for are suspension bits. rust are not as common as that on the familia, but it's on the same location, the rear fenderwells. hopefully, the popuplights haven't been tampered with and are not yet malfunctioning, mine hasn't had any problems and it's already a 10 year old car. just had it registered and my emissions test result are way below the threshold (it can even pass for one with a cat converter).

once you have your unit. visit us at: www.protegetech.org for any problems or questions you might have about it. :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    reliable, maporma, a car worth to be kept...
    walang problem sa parts.. u jst need to know where to source it...

http://www.protegetech.org

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    very reliable car. the pop-up headlight is still a head turner and is often mistaken as a sports car. on spare parts, some are interchangeable with the 323 sedans (used as taxi) and is therefore abundant. it also has good handling capabilities - sharp curves is a piece of cake
    Last edited by pdc2; February 13th, 2006 at 07:31 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tnx 4 the replies u guys r cool !!! grabe.. all i need now is 2 find the car
    ..hehe umm still thinking of ur opinions.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    better to find a familia/323 with the BP-Turbo engine. these go for ~250k and would be much much faster than an Astina (which BTW is slower than the familia/323 due to its stone-age engine).

naastigan parin din ako sa astina...kahit gusto ko na yung subaru impreza wrx 22b...
    i may have palans to own a pre-owned one sometime kung maganda na ang business...pero im wondering..what is the maximum bolt-on engine i can put on it? a BP-turbo?wala lang..ang mura ng used one, madaming room for restoration and upgrades...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yummy,
    the BPT is the simplest bolt-on kasi B6 engine pa rin siya. same tranny bell housing bolt pattern, etc.

that said, the "ultimate" is the KL-ZE V6 engine from the JDM Eunos 500 and Millennia. 200hp 2.5L V6 pero it has a lot of room for improvement, it can go up to 700hp with a turbo. yun nga lang it's kinda large.. pero people have put it into the miata so pwede siguro sa astina...

of course pwede yung Cosmo 13B rotary engine, pero the RX7 is rear wheel drive so sobrang madugo na ang fabrication nun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
B> Mazda Astina 323