New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i want my second car to be an astina i love the pop up headlights . . pero for 200k, it would be more practical to get a familia or for even less, a 323 sedan (dami pwede versions). . pero astina parin ako
    Last edited by caloyski5; February 13th, 2006 at 10:38 PM.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

thax po sir orly...so kung astina, simpliest would be bpt transplant..tangal kabit lang ba?parang plug-and-play?

how about the rare (for me kasi talagang bibihira ko makakita) 323F aka LANTIS.?
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; February 13th, 2006 at 11:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nice naman ng astina lalo na pag well kept...change engine to EFI na lang with the extra money.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    how about the rare (for me kasi talagang bibihira ko makakita) 323F aka LANTIS.?

rare sobra ang lantis but if you were to get one, yung m/t . . the b6 engine and a/t combo's gas consumption is a bit on the high side.

its a nice car to own since rare sa kalye and style is a classic.

mazdaspeed parts are also hard to find which makes it a challenge to set-up

engine and suspension is the same as the familia's kaya no prob with maintenance of parts

sa a/t lang ata may consumption prob ang mazda engines...

kasi ganito, my mom's kia pride (factory B3 mated with 3-speed a/t) consumes 6-9 km/l of fuel..and lowers to 3 km/l when i push it hard...but not is so with a same kia pride B3 mated to a 5-speed manual..

so masmaganda talaga kung "columbian motors"(ung nawalang batch befor the 3's and 6's arrive) mazda, better get a manual than a matic,right?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron akong nakitang lantis for sale sa www.buyandsellplus.com
    250k yata... auto-tranny.

pero if you have $$$ to burn, pwede naman palitan yung makina and tranny with a BPT plus manual tranny mga 50k siguro gastos dun. para at least, it will be as fast as it looks.

i think B5 yung makina ng astina, so a B6 transplant would mean palit din ng gauge cluster (for the extra idiot lights) and dapat may kasamang computer box yung B6 (or BPT) na donor.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    b6 sohc carb sa astina..same as the 323 se sedan

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    caloyski, i stand corrected.

ang alam ko B5 and B6 are the same externally (mas malaki lang bore ng B6). so the engine mounts etc. would still be the same. so mechanically, walang problem either way. pero since carb yung astina, dapat talaga kasama yung ECU. i don't know if the carb'ed mazda's have electric gauges (e.g. yung speedometer is de-cable? or electric na?) because if non-electric, palit talaga ng gauge cluster as i mentioned above..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..alam ko koya orly, de-kable yung sa gen1 na b3 carb. . may nihahatak pa kasi from the back na nakakabit sa likod ng gauge e. . not sockets like the b6 efi. not sure lang

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Z5 or B5 and budget swap for the astina.

the car only produces 90hp on stock trim, but handling is definitey an asset. get 17" wheels and drop it!

mazdaspeed parts are also hard to find which makes it a challenge to set-up
    deym right.
    Last edited by M; February 15th, 2006 at 01:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
B> Mazda Astina 323