New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi! Newbie here... Our family just sold our old Isuzu Fuego pickup truck and now looking for a replacement. I just want to get your opinion on what to suggest on getting. Say we have a budget for 750k to 1.5m php. Details and comments on specs and actual experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Among your choices the Montero is the best. Its a SUV that can seat 7 when needed. Its a diesel with a reliable proven engine.

The Crosswind and Adventure are really old. They are reliable. They can probably burn bunker fuel if needed. But thats the only thing going for them. I'll only consider them if I will need a car that I will never drive. They are slow and notorious smoke belchers.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    kung may budget naman syempre montero sport na :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    syempre montero yan. higher segment na e. yung crosswind and adventure baka pwedeng innova ang ipalit

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by earltheworm View Post
    Hi! Newbie here... Our family just sold our old Isuzu Fuego pickup truck and now looking for a replacement. I just want to get your opinion on what to suggest on getting. Say we have a budget for 750k to 1.5m php. Details and comments on specs and actual experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Non-VGT M/T Montero na! I believe its a suitable upgrade to the Fuego. Kapag minaneho mo ang Crosswind o Adventure eh di parang pareho lang. Same old school engine with similar performance and characteristics, same rear leaf spring suspension...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Medyo ang laki ng price range mo for people to really help. With 1.5m Pede ka na mag Avanza and get another car. If under 1m, get the Innova. Crosswind and Adventure are reliable, but the cons outweigh the pros. Maingay, mabagal, mausok, etc. If your budget is around 1.5m go with the Montero obviously kahit non-vgt and you'll have a lot of spare money to spend

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks a lot in helping me narrow down our options. The budget of 1.5M Php was taken into consideration because we weren't sure how much the lower versus the higher end version of the said vehicles would be (with some external factors considered). And, yes, we agreed to scratch off the Avanza, Crosswind and Adventure from our list of options. So, now we're down to just the XTrail and Monterosport. Is there anyone who has any experience with the XTrail or perhaps were there any cons about getting the Monterosport? Also, can the remaining vehicles survive occassional hauls from the province?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Problema sa Xtrail, gas.. compared sa Montero, krudo. Tapos hindi naman ganun ka-tipid yung XTrail, although I really like it.

Kung ako papipiliin, para sakin, XTrail. Gusto ko kasi. Tapos meron naman capability yun to go offroad, tignan mo nalang yung sinuong ng Xtrail sa Kotse.com

Pero kung ako papipiliin para sa iba, Montero Sport. Kahit marami sa daan, practical eh. Can-go-anywhere vehicle with the littlest effort. Diesel pa.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by earltheworm View Post
    Thanks a lot in helping me narrow down our options. The budget of 1.5M Php was taken into consideration because we weren't sure how much the lower versus the higher end version of the said vehicles would be (with some external factors considered). And, yes, we agreed to scratch off the Avanza, Crosswind and Adventure from our list of options. So, now we're down to just the XTrail and Monterosport. Is there anyone who has any experience with the XTrail or perhaps were there any cons about getting the Monterosport? Also, can the remaining vehicles survive occassional hauls from the province?
    2.5L gas yung X-Trail kaya malakas uminom. Mas practical yung Montero, mas matibay din.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    yup, montero practical choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Avanza, XTrail, Crosswind, Adventure or Monterosport