New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    kaya yan paps, bago naman yung auto eh..kung yun ngang mga kia pride eh, nakaka-akyat ng baguio eh, yan pa kayang avanza..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As usual... depende nalang kung anong kailangan mo.

The Avanza 1.3J is more useful, pero medyo pangit yung interior niya compared to the Vios. The Vios has better handling, roadholding and active safety (active meaning accident avoidance). Plus, I still like the Vios's styling better. I do like the exterior of the Avanza, but the carved in fender flaring is a turn-off. It's an attempt to give the slab-sided Avanza more shape, but it ends up looking weird (although it's even weirder and more obviously desperate on the Hiace).

But the Avanza holds much more... heck, most other subcompacts are already bigger than the Vios anyway... even the Koreans. And it's still much cuter than other AUVs... plus it's unibody (!) which means it's not too heavy and should have reasonably good chassis stiffness and crash dynamics.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Go for the avanza, the space would be useful during weekend "gimmicks"!

Pwede ba pang bangbus ang avanza?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, what if it's the avanza vs the 1.3 honda city? a friend of mine wants to buy the city to upgrade his old honda civic and because he just had his first baby. i told him to consider the avanza instead although medyo honda fan siya

(my apologies to the threadstarter, don't mean to hijack this thread )

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, it would really depend on what you prioritize. if it's space, then you should get the AUV/MPV-ish Avanza. if you value a more car-like experience and could sacrifice space, take the Vios.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: City: great space for a little car, definitely more useful than the Vios, and the trunk is huge.

There have been reported trim problems (most notably the dash) and rattles may come out after a while, but these are minor. Mechanically, so far, the car is sound.

Again, like the Vios, it feels more special and solid inside than the Avanza, but, ultimately, has less space. It will be cheap to run (10,000 km service interval instead of 5,000 kms) and it gets terrific fuel economy, especially compared to the Avanza.

The Avanza is still bigger, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    bangbus.,.,.medyo masikit to for that purpose,,hehe

go for avanza its more better in terms of space and ground clearance(considering the weather),, am consideringdin to get avanza bec of these reasons,

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask me, I'd pick the Vios over the Avanza anytime.

The Vios will outclass (acceleration, handling, ride quality, fuel consumption, etc.) the Avanza on all aspects save for ground clearance, seating capacity & cargo rom. It is your call though which you would prioritize.

Though for my money I'd rather spend it on a Kia Rio.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    depende po tlaga sa pag gagamitan. kung d naman po kailangan ung 3rd row seat ng avanza then vios nalang po

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    pwede kung mga unano ung mag babangbus.hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
avanza J vs vios J