New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    which is better? both are 1.3vvt i engines?

more of bahay office bahay (with my wife_) vehicle pag weekdays. pag weekends pang pasyal with my 2 kids 10 & 7.

do you think underpowerd ang avanza J?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Avanza J. It's much more versatile, and the Vios is just too damn small. I mean, hindi na ako kasya sa likod ng Vios (sayad ulo sa kisame). I'm not even that tall (5'10") to be considered "big".

The Avanza J is probably slightly underpowered, but not too much that it won't get you up hills fully loaded (besides, that's unsafe and unroadworthy).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thnx for the reply

just noticed something...

both are 1.3 vvti... but the engine models are different the avanza has a kksomething engine code...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'll get the Avanza J. Konti lang idadagdag mas malaki pa. And if house-work-house lang and pasyal lang sa mall over the weekends. Ok na Avanza.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm..i find it hard to argue against the flexibility the avanza offers...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    halos pareho lang itong dalwa..

Vios J and Avanza J:
    parehas na bare models
    parehas na 1.3 engine,
    parehas na manual transmission
    parehas din ng passenger capacity (5 people)
    *sa avanza pwede ka pa magpalagay ng ng third row seat para maging 7 ang passengers mo.

Sa price lang nagkatalo,
    Price:
    Avanza J: 582,000.00
    Vios J: 553,000

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002 View Post
    which is better? both are 1.3vvt i engines?

more of bahay office bahay (with my wife_) vehicle pag weekdays. pag weekends pang pasyal with my 2 kids 10 & 7.

do you think underpowerd ang avanza J?
    I recommend that you go for the Avanza. You can carry a lot more things in there compared to the Vios, which is relatively smaller...

:starwars:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002 View Post
    thnx for the reply

just noticed something...

both are 1.3 vvti... but the engine models are different the avanza has a kksomething engine code...
    They're different engines indeed. The main difference lies in layout. The Vios has its engine mounted transversely (cross-wise), while the Avanza's engine sits in longnitudally (lengthwise).

Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    halos pareho lang itong dalwa..

Vios J and Avanza J:
    parehas na bare models
    parehas na 1.3 engine,
    parehas na manual transmission
    parehas din ng passenger capacity (5 people)
    *sa avanza pwede ka pa magpalagay ng ng third row seat para maging 7 ang passengers mo.

Sa price lang nagkatalo,
    Price:
    Avanza J: 582,000.00
    Vios J: 553,000

The Avanza and the Vios are hardly the same vehicle. Of all the things you listed, you forgot the most important part: space. The space the Avanza has to offer is a) more and b) is a lot more useful. This alone makes the extra P30k worth it.

Other than that, the Avanza is rear-wheel-drive, the Vios is front-wheel drive, which has handling, fuel economy and maintenance implications.

However, the Avanza is taller, so it's not exactly the most car-like car to drive.

Then there's the looks. The Vios is very cute, especially in that orange color, while I find the Avanza's rear end to be very... I dunno.

Given the choice though, I'll take the Avanza anyday. In the blue color please.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Go for the avanza, the space would be useful during weekend "gimmicks"!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    actually vios j talaga plano ko na bilhin...

but when i saw the avanza j and conti lang difference, medyo nag isip ako. ang worry ko lang talaga e baka under powered yung avanza j. kasi 1.3 engine, tapos around 100kg heavier(sa gross weight) yng avanza vs. the vios.

do you think under powered sya pag 7 passengers ?

kaya pa rin kya nito umakyat ng baguio?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
avanza J vs vios J