New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    goodluck bro on your purchase. sali ka sa avanza thread and club pag meron ka na. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    * puroy - yep, cgeh po..thanks...goodluck dn!...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I prefer the Innova. It drives better and it looks good compared to the Avanza. There are too many Avanza taxis in the country today.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova rides somewhat better, and has better interior space (though, yes, the third row is kind of cramped compared to the competition). The Avanza is kind of stiff, and the interior materials are pretty bad compared to the Innova... but then again, at the starting price of the Avanza, that's forgiveable.

If you can stretch up for the base diesel Innova, it's a very good buy. Early D4D woes seem to have abated... and Toyota will cover any such problem under warranty, anyway.

RE: Sound insulation: there are cheap cars with good sound insulation... but they aren't seven seaters.

If you're looking for seven seaters in this bracket, you can also check out the Kia Carens. It rides very softly, and is easy to maneuver. The gasoline model won't be any more of a guzzler than the Innova (it might actually be more efficient), while the diesel model, for the price, is downright luxurious. Downsides are the wallowy handling and the low ground clearance.

There's also the Suzuki APV, which has better space than the Avanza, though the 1.6 SOHC engine isn't as sophisticated or fuel efficient as the Avanza's. Ride is about the same.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    the interior of the Avanza G isn't that bad.. Innova G is priced 200T more...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Comparing the Avanza and the Innova

Innova:
    Pro:
    Big - stable at high speed
    More space
    Can load more
    Con:
    Less fuel efficient
    Big - parking, traffic
    More expensive

Avanza:
    Pro:
    Cheaper, comparing J to J, G to G
    Small - lighter
    Small turning radius
    A little cheaper to maintain
    Con:
    Small - less stable at high speeds

If you need the creature comforts, for a lesser price, get the Avanza G. If you want the "secured" feeling of a bigger vehicle, get the Innova.

Any of the 2 is a good buy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Innova rides somewhat better, and has better interior space (though, yes, the third row is kind of cramped compared to the competition). The Avanza is kind of stiff, and the interior materials are pretty bad compared to the Innova... but then again, at the starting price of the Avanza, that's forgiveable.

If you can stretch up for the base diesel Innova, it's a very good buy. Early D4D woes seem to have abated... and Toyota will cover any such problem under warranty, anyway.

RE: Sound insulation: there are cheap cars with good sound insulation... but they aren't seven seaters.

If you're looking for seven seaters in this bracket, you can also check out the Kia Carens. It rides very softly, and is easy to maneuver. The gasoline model won't be any more of a guzzler than the Innova (it might actually be more efficient), while the diesel model, for the price, is downright luxurious. Downsides are the wallowy handling and the low ground clearance.

There's also the Suzuki APV, which has better space than the Avanza, though the 1.6 SOHC engine isn't as sophisticated or fuel efficient as the Avanza's. Ride is about the same.
    Sir Niky medyo OT ka, this is Avanza vs Innova thread.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioser View Post
    I prefer the Innova. It drives better and it looks good compared to the Avanza. There are too many Avanza taxis in the country today.
    They're using it as a taxi, it means its fuel efficient and easy to maintain. The advantage of this is there gonna be a lot of parts and again its resale value would get higher. Many would look for pre-owned Avanza to use it as a taxi and for their fleets.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I do not consider this an Avanza vs Innova thread kasi, they are two vehicles in different classes and price range.

*Evo9, balitaan mo kami kung alin ang nabili mo. You can visit the Innova threads and the Avanza thread to familialize your self with these two Toyotas. I am assuming that you want a Toyota.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My post was not off-topic. The buyer is asking for advice regarding these two vehicles. I am merely pointing out that he has choices beyond the two.

If he has already viewed, tested and priced all of his choices in this (very wide) price bracket and these are his final two, so be it. But if he has not considered the other seven seater vehicles available in the market because he is not aware of them, I consider it my duty to tell him what's available. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Avanza or Innova?...