New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It falls to a matter of preference... I still find the Avanza a bit small for a family car... The Innova J is bare but as mentioned, the aftermarket stores can help address that.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I recently bought a J. I liked the black and gray vinyl interior because it is easier to clean. The windows are manually opened but i usually drive with the air conditioner on so i seldom open the windows (i noticed i only need to open the driver's window on tollgates). The G variant is of course the better model being all-powered and additional items to make it look better and more convenient to drive than the J. But with the lower cost of the J variant, it seems to be a practical choice. The seating capacity is the same as the G variant. It is equipped with a cd player. The ride is acceptable. It has a rear wiper. It even has a driver's airbag. It's a no nonsense vehicle in my
    opinion. Being a brand new vehicle we expect it to be trouble free for probably the next 3 years if used properly. You'll never go wrong if you choose the J variant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Oops, i'm sorry i didn't notice the Innova J. I thought it was an Avanza J. My sister bought an Innova J VVti priced at 763,000 pesos last August. I managed to test drive it and i was impressed with the performance. If i was to choose between an Avanza G with an Innova J, i'll pick the Innova J because it offers more value for your money since both of them have almost the same price. The Innova is bigger, roomier, and much more stable at highway speeds. The fuel consumption is acceptable for a 2.0 liter gasoline engine (much much better than a CRV). The interior is all vinyl, and like the Avanza J, it is easier to clean and maintain. The Innova J would be a better choice if you are going to shell out almost 800,000 pesos.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i would suggest the avanza G. high end and matipid sa gas
    as far as the power of the car is concerned, hinde naman siguro hirap ito umakyat.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'd go for the Innova J, I think it is better value for the money, you can always have power windows and power locks installed.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my previous car was a Revo...
    if I can only put the 2.0L VVT-i engine in the Revo... hmmm...
    I still miss the space the Revo gave me before...

Well... between the Avanza G and Innova J...

Innova J hands down!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    for me is Innova J,for family used just add some after market things.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    masyadong bare ang Innova J.. check mo din yung 3rd row nang Innova.. surprisingly.. mas comfortable ang 3rd row nang Avanza..

just got an Avanza G two weeks ago.. 2x na naming nadala sa Laguna and 1x sa Batangas.. ok naman.. walang problema sa hatak.. fully loaded pa kami non..

aside from the down.. magbayad ka pa nang chattel mortgage, insurance, LTO (mga 40T din yang 3), don't know lang kung may 30T discount pa for November..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'd suggest the innova J. even though all of your family members may fit in the avanza G, spaciousness brings a different atmosphere when driving, especially on long drives. additionally, innova J can give you more power anytime you'll be needing it.

though i'm not sure about the bare features of the innova J (i'm assuming that J variants also have all-power features like the altis J). but if this is the case, you may want to stretch your budget a bit by going to a higher model innova, but not the top of the line.

but then again, it's up to you to decide. i'm sure you have your priorities. just weigh the pros and cons of both models then get the one that satisfies most of your needs.

good luck!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I always thought na nakakainis yung lack of power features on the Innova J.

But I rode in one (it seems a lot of dealers throw in power locks anyway). And it's pretty good! the ride is softer than the Avanza G. It can carry more stuff, plus it's ladder-on-frame construction (tougher than the Avanza) -- same chassis as the Fortuner.

Higher ground clearance. Longer wheel base.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive an Innova to Sagada. Magdadalawang-isip pa ako sa Avanza...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Avanza G or Innova J? What to buy?