New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    First and foremost i would like to say you have an excellent and informational forum here. I'm a longtime lurker and decided to join so that you can help me arrive to a vehicle purchase decision.

I'm choosing between the above models for my purchase. This will be my first ride. My passengers would be my wife + 3 kids (7,3 & 2 mo. old) and a yaya. We normally travel to batangas 2x a month, other than that bahay office lang.

Since i'm a new car owner i'm really clueless on what to buy and haven't visited any toyota dealer because i want na meron na akong alam na konti pag punta dun.

Another question is that if i get it for example at 40% downpayment what other fees do i have to pay, so that i will know my total cash out.

40% downpayment:

Avanza G - P295,000
    Innova J - P305,200

Thanks and more power.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd go for the Innova, as it's roomier. Still, it's not as roomy as a Crosswind (the XTO is in the same price bracket), but it's okay, I guess, if your yaya will be comfortable riding in the third row with the luggage.

The Avanza is big enough, actually, but there's no space for cargo.

Best bet? Take the whole family along and go to the showroom to check how it fits.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Innova J with the 2.0L VVT-i engine please and manual transmission.

It is roomier, has a better engine, good power-to-weight ratio, longer wheelbase (which will translate to a better ride), etc.

Aside from the downpayment, you also need to pay the first year's comprehensive insurance, 3 years LTO registration fee, & chattel mortgage fee (since you are getting one in installment terms).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I'd go with the Innova J with the 2.0L VVT-i engine please and manual transmission.

It is roomier, has a better engine, good power-to-weight ratio, longer wheelbase (which will translate to a better ride), etc.

Aside from the downpayment, you also need to pay the first year's comprehensive insurance, 3 years LTO registration fee, & chattel mortgage fee (since you are getting one in installment terms).
    i agree with mazdamazda, it is jut bigger and suitable for your growing family. however, not same standard features.. G is top of line compare to J
    Last edited by av8or5; January 10th, 2007 at 02:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    correct me if i'm wrong, pero di'ba yun innova j yun bare na wala man lang power amenities. i'd choose the avanza G over that.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Welcome to tsikot. I’d go with the Avanza G being the top of the line.
    If it’s going to be against the Innova E or G I’d choose the Innova instead.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm going with Innova J. It's bare compared to the Avanza G, but then it's more spacious and has a better engine (assuming you're getting a Gas model).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    if you are going for a gas engine = you can choose either avanza or innova
    if you want more space and comfort for the passengers = innova
    if you want a compact ride = avanza
    if you dont have enough money but want a top of the line model = avanza G
    if you have enough money but bare model = innova J

engine displacement:
    innova J = 2.0
    avanza G = 1.5

for me, i would go for the Avanza G.. mas gusto ko kasi ng compact vehicle, madali pa ipark, doesnt need more space sa garage, walang problem sa traffic at sa mga eskinita o kalsadang masikip.. at medyo matipid sa gas compare sa innova..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i appreciated ur reply to this thread, im a begginer and also looking for a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    if you are going for a gas engine = you can choose either avanza or innova
    if you want more space and comfort for the passengers = innova
    if you want a compact ride = avanza
    if you dont have enough money but want a top of the line model = avanza G
    if you have enough money but bare model = innova J

engine displacement:
    innova J = 2.0
    avanza G = 1.5

for me, i would go for the Avanza G.. mas gusto ko kasi ng compact vehicle, madali pa ipark, doesnt need more space sa garage, walang problem sa traffic at sa mga eskinita o kalsadang masikip.. at medyo matipid sa gas compare sa innova..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nowadays, dapat kung pipili ka ng sasakyan para sa iyo, top priority dapat ang power amenities.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Avanza G or Innova J? What to buy?