New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    so avanza 1.3J 5-seater or vios 1.3J?

sana di na maligaw pa..
    IF you are moving people & your typical weekend grocery in comfort - Vios.

IF you are moving large cargo and people not so comfortably -Avanza.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 13th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    yes, i stand to my claim that FWD is more sensitive to frontal collision / bumps etc. it's cheaper to make budget wise and not to mentioned the issues argued. that's the main reason why i really favor RWD over FWD. its up to the TS now.
    Opinion. And still has nothing to do with the two cars mentioned except as it means "it's possible".

Or I could put up a video "proving" that FWD is safer than RWD in a crash:

But it won't mean squat because the Vios and Avanza aren't a Volvo and a Renault.

quoting again and again will just make it more in circles its already there so no need. :doh:
    After throwing down accusations at others for being off-topic and contradicting yourself a number of times and changing your story on every page? Oh-kay... no problem...

-

In the end, having driven both and experienced both: agree with GH... except to note that the Avanza is not really all that uncomfortable... especially not compared to bigger AUVs... except that it feels less stable to drive.
    Last edited by niky; January 13th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Luggage space?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaNnce-Vds"]YouTube- Proton Exora - Luggage Space comparison with Avanza and Grand Livina[/ame]

thats 7 seats.. well, 5-seater ang comparo nya.. any 7-seater mpv, auv suv walang kwenta talaga trunk space if all seats are up.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    thats 7 seats.. well, 5-seater ang comparo nya.. any 7-seater mpv, auv suv walang kwenta talaga trunk space if all seats are up.
    Actually... that's one thing in favor of the Avanza over the Innova... even in seven-seat form, the flat-folding seats give you excellently useable cargo room.
    Last edited by niky; January 13th, 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unless i need the extra cargo space and/or seats, i'd get the vios. nicer to drive.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It was caused by interference with the headlights, as I remember...

We should get an award for discovering that one.
    Sir GH, what do you meant by this?

Thank you both Sir GH and Sir XTO for the debate about FWD and RWD vehicles even though out of topic.

Again thank you to everyone that contributed. Going back to topic....

I wanted a vehicle that could at least seat 5 people with a good storage space. I'm single so no family yet, but I am a climber...so I plan to get a vehicle that at least can seat 1 to 3 friends while still leaving space in the back for other stuff like tents and water jugs.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post

Thank you both Sir GH and Sir XTO for the debate about FWD and RWD vehicles even though out of topic.

Again thank you to everyone that contributed. Going back to topic....

I wanted a vehicle that could at least seat 5 people with a good storage space. I'm single so no family yet, but I am a climber...so I plan to get a vehicle that at least can seat 1 to 3 friends while still leaving space in the back for other stuff like tents and water jugs.
    You may need the higher ground clearance of the avanza if you will go to the mountains. Remember that the vios and the avanza are 4x4s hehehehe. they can only go so far. in rough terrain.

Gear-wise, better ang avanza dahil mas marami kang maikakarga na gamit lalo na kung several days kang nasa bundok.

ang pag pili naman ng sasakyan na bibilin ay depende talaga sa needs. IMHO.
    Last edited by meledson; January 14th, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the Vios, during the test and evaluation for the Philippine Car of the Year 2009 Awards, I noticed that the Vios head unit exhibited a lot of static whenever the headlights were turned on & engine idling.

Coincidentally, my brother's friend visited and was driving a recently purchased Vios. I tried the same scenario and the same "static" came out from the car's speakers.

I forwarded my observations to the Toyota representative in charge and also posted my observations in the tsikot.com forum.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would rather get a more outdoor activity oriented vehicle with 4 wheel drive.

Neither the Vios nor Avanza are suited.

I would suggest the Nissan X-Trail 2.5L 4x4. The rear cargo area covered in plastic would make it easy to clean the mud and dirt after a trip as compared to the carpeting used in other SUVs.

Other possible choice would be the offroad capable Suzuki Vitara. But comfort might not apply here because of the basic suspension of this SUV.

If you want a small vehicle but relatively capable offroad with only 1 friend plus camping gear in the back, the Suzuki Jimny is a possible choice. With only a 1.3L engine and high CG, it would only be capable of doing the lighter stuff that bigger 4x4 can do but more than your softroader SUVs (ex: CRV) are capable of.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Avanza 1.3 J M/T (5 seater)  or  Vios 1.3 J M/T  ...  which would you choose?