New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Greetings! It's my 1st post here at tsikot.com. I am planning to buy the 2006 mitsubishi space gear. It is already available at 1.22 million less 20T promo discount so it will cost 1.198 million. Is this van a good buy? I need a van because I already have 3 young kids and my civic cannot accomodate them plus 2 yayas. Any reviews for this vehicle? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My tito and tita have one (2003 model). On the comfort side it's pretty okay, still feels solid after 2 years and so far walang major problems outside of a squeaky engine belt during cold morning starts (fixed under warranty).

Their major gripe is the fuel consumption (averages 5-6km/L), no real rear windows, and they had to get a Thule roof carrier to accomodate all luggages for week long out-of-town trips with the 3rd row seats in use (3 kids, 2 yayas also).

It's closest competitor is the Hyundai Starex CRDi (and they are based on the same design platform), you may want to check this out also (it has more space then the Space Gear due to a wider body).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Starex and Space Gear share the same bones (though neither party will probably admit that).

I'd rather have the Starex. You'd get a diesel engine and more features than the Space Gear. I think Hyundai also offers a better warranty.

The only advantage of the Space Gear are its dual sliding doors. But I can live with just one slider.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Parang mas ok ren Starex for me over the Spacegear.

However, if you can, why not go a bit more upscale and consider the Grandis? Di sha sobrang laki for easy city driving and looks plush inside as well.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the advice guys! My wife and I really considered both but looks like the space gear is the winner. We are here in Davao City, with no province so it is more of city driving only. The nice thing is that i will be the only one here with the space gear since it is not available in the local mitsubishi dealer here. Ordered my unit from Manila. The Davao dealer checked with the mitsubishi factory in Manila and all the units have been delivered to all the dealers in Manila. There are quite a number of Starex vans here because there is a dealer here.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Check these threads for some discussions re: the 2006 Space Gear

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24822

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25056

I get your point with the exclusivity of owning the only space gear around town, but the downside is if you are the only one who owns one then you might have problems acquiring parts or replacements. Any potential problems/defect might be harder and slower to diagnose also.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I get your point with the exclusivity of owning the only space gear around town, but the downside is if you are the only one who owns one then you might have problems acquiring parts or replacements. Any potential problems/defect might be harder and slower to diagnose also.
    you may want to seriously consider this before you jump the gun. well, unless you're prepared to possibbly spend more time & money in the maintenance of your space gear without the usual "parts & service support" in the locality.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    space gear looks fugly compared to starex imo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i suggest to get starex, mas maraming part ang korean vehicle jan sa Davao at mas less hassle sa service.

or mag Previa ka nalang.

dito sa Metro Manila kaunti lang gumagamit ng Space Gear 2006 mdl actually wala nga pa akong nakikita sa streets (im working in makati pasong tamo). except sa mga right handed na galing subic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i'll go for space gear. IMHO, pag diesel mitsubishi and isuzu lang. starex hindi cla prowess sa diesel engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Any advice re:2006 mitsubishi space gear