New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Wait mo na yung all-new Sta. Fe. Baka okay yung pricing and specs ng HARI...
    Im also looking for a new SUV, and these are what I got from my latest visit to a HARI dealership.
    The totl trim of the new 2019 sta fe will be at 3M+.
    The totl trim of the outgoing lwb sta fe is currently at 3.2M
    So most likely his 2.4 M budget will only get him the mid trim variant of the upcoming sta fe.
    The new models for both the sta fe and facelifted starex are supposed to be out this May, but no news yet from my SA.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Im also looking for a new SUV, and these are what I got from my latest visit to a HARI dealership.
    The totl trim of the new 2019 sta fe will be at 3M+.
    The totl trim of the outgoing lwb sta fe is currently at 3.2M
    So most likely his 2.4 M budget will only get him the mid trim variant of the upcoming sta fe.
    The new models for both the sta fe and facelifted starex are supposed to be out this May, but no news yet from my SA.
    Insane pricing!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last edited by valskie01; May 26th, 2018 at 08:49 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is third row space a primary requirement? Most of these PPVs can’t accommodate 2 adults in the third row and when third row is used, you have limited cargo space. The Santa Fe and Sorento are good unibody 7-seater midsize SUVs but also have cramped 3rd row seats.

If you want something practical to haul 7 people, get an Innova if you like how it looks. It has the same grunt as the Fortuner (2.8L turbo Diesel engine) but cheaper. The Kia Grand Carnival is also one good package for a people hauler.

If you ask me, for around that budget of 2.5M, I would get one badass-looking SUV with lots of space and grunt, an Explorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Is third row space a primary requirement? Most of these PPVs can’t accommodate 2 adults in the third row and when third row is used, you have limited cargo space. The Santa Fe and Sorento are good unibody 7-seater midsize SUVs but also have cramped 3rd row seats.

If you want something practical to haul 7 people, get an Innova if you like how it looks. It has the same grunt as the Fortuner (2.8L turbo Diesel engine) but cheaper. The Kia Grand Carnival is also one good package for a people hauler.

If you ask me, for around that budget of 2.5M, I would get one badass-looking SUV with lots of space and grunt, an Explorer.

Have ridden all of these PPVs. All can accommodate 2 adults in the 3rd row. Unless you're really, really fat or tall.

The Innova is barely bigger than a Fortuner with its 3rd row. Just a higher seat position and maybe an inch or two extra legroom. So if you "can't accommodate adults" in a PPV, you can't accommodate them in an Innova too.

The Explorer is also cramped for the 3rd row because of the thick (very comfy) seats.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

The Explorer is also cramped for the 3rd row because of the thick (very comfy) seats.

In the showroom the Explorer offers better interiors and seems bigger inside than the Everest. It is better than on the Sorento and Santa Fe.

In the case of our previous gen Sorento (2010), once the 3rd row is used, cargo space is limited to bags and other personal effects. No more coolers, golf bags, big grocery cartons, etc. We recently went out on a road trip and the Sorento was limited to a 5-seater as we brought a lot of stuff. The other 4 people and other stuff had to be ridden in the FXT.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In the showroom the Explorer offers better interiors and seems bigger inside than the Everest. It is better than on the Sorento and Santa Fe.

In the case of our previous gen Sorento (2010), once the 3rd row is used, cargo space is limited to bags and other personal effects. No more coolers, golf bags, big grocery cartons, etc. We recently went out on a road trip and the Sorento was limited to a 5-seater as we brought a lot of stuff. The other 4 people and other stuff had to be ridden in the FXT.

Yes bro, the Explorer's interior is bigger and definitely better. But 3rd row space is not optimized because the seats are very thick so you're robbed of very precious legroom.

Using a PPV and its 7 seats will really limit your cargo. But it's useful for quick weekend getaways. Last weekend I was on an out of town trip with 6 other friends. Since our CRV doesn't have a 3rd row, I had to use a Starex. Our luggage would've fit in the CRV (just backpacks) though.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for 7passenger get the kia carnival 7 seater. no more problem for passenger comfort and cargo space. its a very spacious and versatile van compared to ppv and suv. cons lang if you often go to offroad.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the new Explorer to be released before June, Ford will surely have very big discounts on their existing inventory of current gen Explorers.

However, with the price of gas nearing 60 per litre, the 3.5L V6 turbo is not a good proposition. The base trim with the 2.3L 4-cylinder turbo (270hp/400Nm) might be something more acceptable.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    I also have an AWD Tucson, 2015 model. If you want the same comfortable ride of your tucson go for the totl montero sports, this fits you budget and may sukli pa. The MS also offers more safety features than the tucson, and nicer interior also. You can also check the totl everest, although I suggest you wait for the upgraded engine, this is more roomy than the MS and also loaded with safety features. If you want the same unibody design of your tucson you can check the new CRV totl its also diesel with similar ride comfort as the tucson, loaded than the tucson, but not as fast as the tucson, and the third row is not for adults . Of the tree I recommended, the CRV has similar if not better FC than your current tucson, followed by the MS 2.4 and the Eve 3.2. And of the three, the Eve is the roomiest.

Since you own a tucson, Im not recommending the new fort, mainly because of the ride comfort. Check the suv comparo thread there are good reviews and comparo there.

I have not drive tested the trailblazer and mux, cant comment.

And last, if you are keeping your tucson, and really like an enjoyable spacious, comfortable out of town ride , get a 10 seater, vgt, Grand Starex.
    Thank you po for your feedback yun din po yung nasa isip ko montero or everest.. pero dami kasing nagsasabi na hinde reliable yung everest so i might get ms..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast