New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I suggest Montero

Good Luck.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the Montero 2WD is a good choice. There are now M/T and A/T versions to choose from as well. It can be a satisfying purchase for you as long as you don't mind the sheer number of Monteros on the road. As I said, if you are interested with 2nd hand, the Carnival is for you. It's powerful CRDi engine can be a blast on the highway, being a minivan it is very comfortable, has lots of space and is very favored in the US market.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    whewwwww... ok ok. If I have the added budget to P1.5-1.6M, what should be your suggestion? Kia Carnival? Hyundai Sta Fe? Montero? Fortuner? CRV? mmmm what else? starex? But I have to stick to my earlier criteria, 7-8 seater, power, speed, at least diesel, FC, reliability, after sales service...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you regularly seat 7-8 folks and haul a lot of stuff at the same time then the Santa Fe might not be a good choice, since it might not be able to take the weight frequently and for long periods of time, besides it can be quite cramped for 7-8 people. I wouldn't take the Fortuner 2.5 since its meager power output for such a large body might not be enough for good highway performance. The Montero Sport 2.5 has more power but it isn't exactly very fast either. For an SUV, I'd suggest the Ford Everest, which makes the most power in the 2.5 liter segment and is the only one with a 5 speed A/T. If you want a van, I'd suggest you get either a Carnival or a Grand Starex. Both are fast, spacious and comfortable, it will just depend on which kind of body type you prefer more.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sir sa mga nabanggit mo na choices. fuel consumption will be around 8kms sa city kahit gas o diesel. around 10-14kms sa highway pero depende po yun sa tapak nyo at load. Yun nga lang, hindi pasok CRV sa 7seater criteria nyo.

If sa province kayo, I would go sa brand na may CASA na malapit samin unless you frequently go to Manila for example to have you maintenance done. At the end of the day sir, mas maganda kung kasama nyo family nyo sa pagtingin ng car then do a test drive to feel the power, riding comfort at higit sa lahat. yung pinaka-type ng buong pamilya..hehe! Happy Buying..

Eto some of the list na pasok sa criteria nyo sir:

Van/Minivan:

Hyundai Grand Starex
    Toyota Grandia
    Kia Carens
    Kia Carnival
    Mitsubishi Fusion
    Mitsubishi Grandis

SUV/crossover/MPV:

Ford Everest
    Toyota Fortuner
    Montero
    Santa fe
    Alterra
    Innova
    Adventure

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^^ pero sa mga SUV mahirap ang ingress at egress sa 3rd row for example everest.. mataas ang aakyatin mo to get to 3rd row plus low headroom papasok..

hyundai grand starex or kia carnival lang ang pasok na pasok sa criteria

8seater ok
    CRDi diesel ok
    Power ok (of course due to CRDi no choke)
    FC ok (diesel eh matipid lalo na on long drives.. might suffer on traffic due to heavy body)
    Reliability ok (proven na ang mga koreans ngayon beating japanese brands big time)
    after sales ok (marami na sila casa ngayon unlike before)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you regularly seat 7-8 folks and haul a lot of stuff at the same time then the Santa Fe might not be a good choice, since it might not be able to take the weight frequently and for long periods of time, besides it can be quite cramped for 7-8 people. For an SUV, I'd suggest the Ford Everest, which makes the most power in the 2.5 liter segment and is the only one with a 5 speed A/T.
    You are suggesting the Ford Everest yet discourage the Santa Fe because of the cramped seating. The Ford Everest also has tight (and maybe more uncomfortable) 3rd row seats.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, but the Everest really does have more space, if not for the passengers then the luggage space. And it has a much more durable suspension to carry the big number of passengers AND their stuff through 800 kilometers of distance 3x a year for many years to come.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes, but the Everest really does have more space, if not for the passengers then the luggage space. And it has a much more durable suspension to carry the big number of passengers AND their stuff through 800 kilometers of distance 3x a year for many years to come.
    Pity the passengers who have to seat at the 3rd row through 800 kilometers 3x a year.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kia Carnival, Montero and Alterra na lang talaga ang choice kung out ang Starex as being too big. Carens? nope!! Mas spacious pa rin ang Innova.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Anong car ang ipapalit ko sa Innova???