New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Got this car for almost 5 years na and she serves me well. It has D4D engine but so far di pa naman siya nagloko. We usually have long trips ( 800KM) of at least 3x a year, with 5-6 grown ups incl myself and 2 kids, and sometimes a sack of rice when going back to Manila, so full pack most of the times , and the rest is city driving lang.
    Now, me & my wife is thinking of getting a newer car that can serve us like the Innova or better. I am more towards:
    - Power/speed
    - reliability
    - spare parts availability
    - FC
    - Diesel (CRDi) (gas could be considered)
    It doesn’t really be a MPV, mid to full size SUV is ok. Budget is PHP1.3M. Need to purchase one before October this year. Please help me to decide. Salamat po sa inyong mga inputs.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    off the top of my head...

1. fortuner (fantastic deals sa slightly used 2nd hand models)
    2. everest (same as above)
    3. kia carnival

i personally prefer automatics to manuals (i used to be a diehard manual fan)... pansin ko nun kahit ano kotse ko dala pag long drive at manual tranny pirmi ako pagod na pagod at nanginginig yung mga binti ko.

so bumili ako automatic. now i'm fresh as a daisy kahit pagudpod pa takbuhin ko. i suggest you go automatic na din since you do very long distance driving (800 km? taga samar ka ba? dati nagdrive ako papunta catbalogan 800 km e).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think Isuzu Alterra 4x2 is a good choice for you, but you have to add 100K more for your budget

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    Got this car for almost 5 years na and she serves me well. It has D4D engine but so far di pa naman siya nagloko. We usually have long trips ( 800KM) of at least 3x a year, with 5-6 grown ups incl myself and 2 kids, and sometimes a sack of rice when going back to Manila, so full pack most of the times , and the rest is city driving lang.
    Now, me & my wife is thinking of getting a newer car that can serve us like the Innova or better. I am more towards:
    - Power/speed
    - reliability
    - spare parts availability
    - FC
    - Diesel (CRDi) (gas could be considered)
    It doesn’t really be a MPV, mid to full size SUV is ok. Budget is PHP1.3M. Need to purchase one before October this year. Please help me to decide. Salamat po sa inyong mga inputs.

Another Innova?

Have you considered the Hyundai Starex? The M/T 10 or 12 seater base models are within your budget.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    off the top of my head...

so bumili ako automatic. now i'm fresh as a daisy kahit pagudpod pa takbuhin ko. i suggest you go automatic na din since you do very long distance driving (800 km? taga samar ka ba? dati nagdrive ako papunta catbalogan 800 km e).
    OT lang.
    Ako pre from Borongan, Eastern Samar.
    Almost 1,100 kms from Manila.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa ganyang budget Montero Sport siguro ako...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fortuner - 1st choice

or

Montero Sport - 2nd choice

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Another innova ? :hysterical:

On the serious note ...

A fortuner would do. Or if you would want, a brand new santa fe. Fast. Comfortable and worth the money.

Priced though at 1.4xxx if im not mistaken. ;)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    Now, me & my wife is thinking of getting a newer car that can serve us like the Innova or better.
    not necessarily another innova, yun ang sabi nya.

Why not an Fortuner, Montero, Tucson, X-trail, alterra, sorento, escape, cx-7?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For 1.3M, nothing beats the Innova as a tough family carrier. It may not have the gravitas of a truck based 7-seater SUV, but it serves its purpose very very well. Plus, the 7-seater SUVs start at around 1.4M for their base models.

So I say just keep your Innova :P

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Anong car ang ipapalit ko sa Innova???