New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    sir vinj,

sorry i think i forgot to answer this one.. if i get option A, after two years, yes i'll be issued a new car again..more or less the same type of car 1.6/1.8 AT model of that year (2015)
    That's great since you can have something to help build your cash base or asset (extra car) in two years time, then have another brand new car to use. If you go for brand new now, you'll be waiting another five years to have that chance.

The 1.8L V Altis won't be too hard to sell IMO since it's not a guzzler and gives a good balance of power and efficiency, especially if you'll be driving on the highway a lot. I'd estimate a value of around 300K more or less when you try to sell it in 2015. Sell it, then get the all-new Altis that should already be out by that time.

The 1.6L V is also a good car no doubt. I'm happy with my 1.6L E. I guess before deciding, try and test drive the 1.8L you'll be getting to see if it's worth it and if you're not convinced then go for the brand new Altis.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That changes the complexion of everything. If you plan to sell, Option A, definitely. But if you don't plan to sell, Option B is still attractive... though Option A gives you the chance to own a second "coding" car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hi fellow tsikoteers,

just to give you an update. i decided to get the 2008 altis 1.8v charcoal grey color. so far so good, imo i like the altis smooth drive though i believe the civic fd (1.8 S) is much better in terms of acceleration...there are a few bumps/scratches all over but can be requested to be repaired in the future.. over all im happy with my decision (so far haha)...though i wish there was a built in aux port for my ipod (the cdr king transmitter does the job but gets zero points in style)hehe..

i would like to thank you guys for helping me out here

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Congratulations on your new ride. The Altis really looks great in charcoal grey. Pity that when we bought ours, the color was already phased out.

The Altis and the Civic are tuned very differently. The Altis has more punch on the lower rev ranges, which make overtaking moves easy even at just 3000 rpm. The Civic on the other hand, feels so dead below 4000 rpm, and you'd have to take it close to redline to feel all 140 horses kicking in. Where the Civic handily beats the Altis though is in the transmission. The Civic's 5 speed is simply more responsive, ready to downshift once you put the hammer down. The Altis tranny takes a little time, and you'd find yourself using the sequential shift feature (+/-) quite often to get it to downshift quicker.

For your aux concern, there's a device called the XCARLINK which you can get for around 4000 pesos. It hooks up to your cars stock head unit, and allows you not only aux connectivity, but the option to play music from USB devices as well. Just charge it to the company.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    hi fellow tsikoteers,

just to give you an update. i decided to get the 2008 altis 1.8v charcoal grey color.
    Nice. Rare engine combo, rare color.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice color choice. I think it's the best looking color the Altis comes in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I currently have a 2008 Altis 1.8V and it only gets around 5km/l in city driving. Is that normal? I recently just had its oil and tires changed.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jmendza View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I currently have a 2008 Altis 1.8V and it only gets around 5km/l in city driving. Is that normal? I recently just had its oil and tires changed.
    Yup normal if it's heavy traffic. My 2004 Mazda 3 2.0R gets about 5 km/L in bumper to bumper traffic. Only goes up to 7 km/L when traffic is light. Best you can get is around 14 km/L if you drive gently on the highway.

But if you're getting 5 km/L in light traffic then there's something wrong with the car. Can be a myriad of things aside from oil and tires.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yup normal if it's heavy traffic. My 2004 Mazda 3 2.0R gets about 5 km/L in bumper to bumper traffic. Only goes up to 7 km/L when traffic is light. Best you can get is around 14 km/L if you drive gently on the highway.

But if you're getting 5 km/L in light traffic then there's something wrong with the car. Can be a myriad of things aside from oil and tires.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Yes. I only get 5 km/l on light traffic. What could be the problem? Also new air filter and new spark plugs.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jmendza View Post
    Yes. I only get 5 km/l on light traffic. What could be the problem? Also new air filter and new spark plugs.
    try mo pa drive sa iba na kilala mong light footed sa accelerator. para ma isolate mo agad if it's your driving.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast